using need oil while budding?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FemmeFatale

"Imagine no religion"
Reaction score
Im into 3rd week of flowering. I noticed a few leafhoppers. Only a very small amount of damage to the plants a couple leafs here and there. Can I or should I even consider using neem oil while plant are flowering?

Neem oil can leave a residue on buds that tastes simply horrible when smoked. Three weeks is probably about the cut off period to use anything like that. I have never had leafhoppers and am not familiar with remedies. Is there anything else that works? Are they apt to get worse?

I will use Neem oil during flower but am careful to not spray it on or near the buds. I also used Azamax to eliminate thrips once. when you use it as a drench in the soil, and as a spray on the leaves, the plant actually absorbs it and it makes the plant taste bad to the little munchers. Plus its supposed to make them quit reproducing somehow.

It's also supposed to biodegrade from the soil and from within the plant, according to what I read on it. I don't know how true that is but when we smoked ours, we couldn't tell any difference from it being there. I don't know if it will work on leaf hoppers though. :)

I would use caution using a systemic during flowering. Unless you know for positive that it degrades within the bud, you will be smoking it, whether you can taste it or not.

I only use it during week 4-5 of veg to slaughter any bugs that may be lurking in the soil. I assumed it wasn't safe to use during budding because THC dissolves in oil.

Latest posts

Back