Using off brand nutrients, is it okay?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charsi

Reaction score
Hey,

I am thinking to use a local brand nutrients of micro, gro & bloom.
I know advanced nutrients, general hydroponics or fox farms are used mostly by growers. But where I currently reside I'd have to pay 3x to 5x the premium for the same line of products.

So I found a decent manufacturer who offers hydrophonics line of micro, gro & bloom along with calmag and all the npk ratios are as standard with the above brands.

So this is my 2nd grow and I'm wondering, if this is not that big of a deal or just shell out the extra bucks for the top brands!? Help!!

Thanks

There are a lot of unknowns to this but you need to ask yourself is saving $50 or $100 worth experimenting with an unknown product on your 2nd grow. If things go south, are you ok with starting over and buying the nutrient line you used on your first grow?

I would bet they would be just as good. I buy generic all the time on other products. Of course you probably won’t get those great graphic on the bottles 😂. What is the brand that you are looking at?

True story. I once knew a guy (although I wouldn't recommend doing this) who grew outdoors in mountain soil and all he did was pee on his plants. His name was kolah who was a mountain hermit who lived off the grid. He bragged about his plants every summer.

I visited him a couple times years ago. His pot looked ok....I didn't smoke it though. Remember this is just a weed we are growing. Blah....

Hey,

I am thinking to use a local brand nutrients of micro, gro & bloom.
I know advanced nutrients, general hydroponics or fox farms are used mostly by growers. But where I currently reside I'd have to pay 3x to 5x the premium for the same line of products.

So I found a decent manufacturer who offers hydrophonics line of micro, gro & bloom along with calmag and all the npk ratios are as standard with the above brands.

So this is my 2nd grow and I'm wondering, if this is not that big of a deal or just shell out the extra bucks for the top brands!? Help!!

Thanks

what is the brand of nutes?

who is the manufacturer?

got a link for this spam?

I would bet they would be just as good. I buy generic all the time on other products. Of course you probably won’t get those great graphic on the bottles 😂. What is the brand that you are looking at?
It's an Asian one called utkarsh agro

based out of India

they talk about the use of PGR’s and without doing some research , who knows what is in the ingredients ?

Latest posts

Back