Using Reflective Mylar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KentuckyGold

Reaction score
Hey all, I seen on here that reflective Mylar has the best reflectivity in a grow room. Should I put it on the floors and the ceiling as well as the walls? Thanks a bunch!

I have used it on ceilings at angles with the side walls
to help reflect back on plants
I never used it on floor , I would slip and break my neck

Welcome
411eHytJ-nL.jpg

Awesome man thank you! Didn’t know if putting it on the floor would help reflect it back up. Thanks!!

I have used it on ceilings at angles with the side walls
to help reflect back on plants
I never used it on floor , I would slip and break my neck

Welcome
gold.jpg

You can even paint the whole room white and it will do the same
just not as much, I used a white room in the past just fine

Last edited:
Flat white paint is supposed to be best. Personally, I use Panda film. Cheap and easy

Cut little 1" squares of cardboard and staple through them to attach the film to whatever you are needing, ceilings, walls or whatever. I also use a zipper in mine for a door that I bought off amazon.

Do not put it on the floor. Plants do not like light on the undersides of their leaves.

Keep in mind, too, that mylar only has great reflective properties if it is hung straight with NO wrinkles and is kept clean (something hard to do). If you have not purchased your mylar yet, I would recommend that you simply paint it FLAT white. Mylar is hard to hang, is hard to clean, it tears easy and you will have holes in your walls where you staple it to the walls. I gave up using mylar decades ago...

Cut little 1" squares of cardboard and staple through them to attach the film to whatever you are needing, ceilings, walls or whatever. I also use a zipper in mine for a door that I bought off amazon.
I did the exact same thing
I ripped it all down once and stick with painted walls

Just need to put it on the wall. If you are looking for a cheap grow tent that is well built. Check MarsHydro grow tent. It is reflective mylar and metal frame. I have used it for one grow.

Skip the dumb stuff. lol
Paint everything flat white.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back