Vanilla Kush & Confidential Cheese ( DWC COOLER GROW)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjdudeist

In Dude We Trust!
Reaction score
vanilla kush &confidental cheese grow 001.jpg

vanilla kush &confidental cheese grow 003.jpg

vanilla kush &confidental cheese grow 005.jpg the vanilla kush is in the blue cooler and is 2 weeks old, got her on light nutes. the cheese is in the orange cooler, just put her in there. top feeding her with no nutes right now.400 watt m.h. with 6 inch cool tube reflector. grow tent will be here friday.

Welcome to MP

I'm a dirt guy. The smell of it makes me drool :), but there are some of the best hydro peeps in existence in this forum -- The Hemp Goddess can tell you anything you need to know, and there are many other master growers here willing to bend over backwards to help -- good luck on the grow.

Peace

Hey welcome to mp my friend. I too run dwc. 6 plants at a time in my space. I got a con cheese in there right now. About 2 weeks into flower and stretching like crazy definitiley taking after the exodus cheese. Smells like burnt popcorn lol. Can't wait to taste her. I got four more cuts for my next run if she pans out. Ill be watching this one. Green mojo buddy.

HemperFi said:
Welcome to MP

I'm a dirt guy. The smell of it makes me drool :), but there are some of the best hydro peeps in existence in this forum -- The Hemp Goddess can tell you anything you need to know, and there are many other master growers here willing to bend over backwards to help -- good luck on the grow.

Peace
thanks man i appreciate you checking in. i'll be posting weekly pic's.

Lemon Jack said:
Hey welcome to mp my friend. I too run dwc. 6 plants at a time in my space. I got a con cheese in there right now. About 2 weeks into flower and stretching like crazy definitiley taking after the exodus cheese. Smells like burnt popcorn lol. Can't wait to taste her. I got four more cuts for my next run if she pans out. Ill be watching this one. Green mojo buddy.
i cant wait to see how she grow's. i'd like to check out your cheese grow. and all help is appreciated guy's.

I like the coolers! Your babies look good. Were these fem seeds or......are you just taking a chance? If not fem seeds, you might want to germinate a few more seeds. How big is the tent?

The Hemp Goddess said:
I like the coolers! Your babies look good. Were these fem seeds or......are you just taking a chance? If not fem seeds, you might want to germinate a few more seeds. How big is the tent?
yes they are fem seeds, and the tent will be 48x48x78 inches. hopeing to be able to grow three plants in it. i'll keep the plants 3ft. or shorter. also i can keep better control of the temps with the coolers. and thanks for stopping in.

Subbing in. I like the setup!
Green mojo for you

bubba902 said:
Subbing in. I like the setup!
Green mojo for you
thanks man i appreciate it. i'm excited to see how they turn out.my last grow went pretty well.imagesCA50ZHOS[1].jpg

Welcome to the board! I'm still really new myself, but so far there's a lot of people eager to give out information!

Looks nice!
Keep the updates coming :D

A 4 x 4 will be plenty of room for 3-4 plants. However, a 400W MH is not going to be nearly enough light (around 36,000 lumens). Do you have another light for flowering?

The Hemp Goddess said:
A 4 x 4 will be plenty of room for 3-4 plants. However, a 400W MH is not going to be nearly enough light (around 36,000 lumens). Do you have another light for flowering?
i have some 85 watt cfl's. i do have a 400 watt hps. do you think i should go to a 600watt?

PartyBro420 said:
Welcome to the board! I'm still really new myself, but so far there's a lot of people eager to give out information!

Looks nice!
Keep the updates coming :D
thanks man i really appreciate it.

mjdudeist said:
i have some 85 watt cfl's. i do have a 400 watt hps. do you think i should go to a 600watt?

It's all about the lumens. You want 3000 lumens per sq ft vegging and 5000 for flowering. A 400W MH puts out about 36,000 lumens. A 400W HPS puts out about 50,000 lumens. I do not believe that you can get the CFLs close enough to do any real good. A 600W would, of course be better than a 400.

Do you have both a 400W MH and a 400W HPS? Unless you are planning on having a separate vegging space that requires the MH, you could use both the MH and the HPS for flowering. There are many on here who use both and many believe that the blue spectrum of the MH makes for denser buds.

The Hemp Goddess said:
It's all about the lumens. You want 3000 lumens per sq ft vegging and 5000 for flowering. A 400W MH puts out about 36,000 lumens. A 400W HPS puts out about 50,000 lumens. I do not believe that you can get the CFLs close enough to do any real good. A 600W would, of course be better than a 400.

Do you have both a 400W MH and a 400W HPS? Unless you are planning on having a separate vegging space that requires the MH, you could use both the MH and the HPS for flowering. There are many on here who use both and many believe that the blue spectrum of the MH makes for denser buds.
i have both m.h. and hps. but only one ballast and reflector. but i'm always down for buying more lighting.

Nice little set up. That Kush sounds delish! Your 400 will work. The xtra lumens is where it's at. I started with a 600, and now I run two 600 hps in 21 sqft, and yeah, it thumps.

Stoneage said:
Nice little set up. That Kush sounds delish! Your 400 will work. The xtra lumens is where it's at. I started with a 600, and now I run two 600 hps in 21 sqft, and yeah, it thumps.
thanks man, i'm haveing some problems with her. she's kinda wilting. just flushed her.

They look a bit young to be feeding already. I know some peeps do. I have waited until about week 4-5 from seed, before giving them their first feeding. How is your air flow? If your running that 400 with those little ones, be careful, maybe pull your light up a little farther away, just to you don't burn them. Good luck!

Stoneage said:
They look a bit young to be feeding already. I know some peeps do. I have waited until about week 4-5 from seed, before giving them their first feeding. How is your air flow? If your running that 400 with those little ones, be careful, maybe pull your light up a little farther away, just to you don't burn them. Good luck!
thanks for the advice man, i appreciate it. yeah i think i went to the nutes to soon. also tried botanicare organics for first time.

Stoneage said:
....Your 400 will work......

A 400W is not adequate for 16 sq ft. Using that size light in that space will result in unsatisfactory results. You want a MINIMUM of 5000 lumens per sq ft for flowering. I would use either 2 400s, 1 600, or 1 1000W in that sized space.

Latest posts

Back