Vape pen that won’t destroy my universe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bexly

Reaction score
So I initially went through about a dozen pens that were rather cheap and easily found in most dispensaries/smoke shops. After having trouble with those, as far as charging & the connections, I switched to Strane brand pens. I got a few with some Vape cartridges and since they were USB they were easy to charge and convenient. They worked well for a while.

However I have had a problem with them that has also happened with others. While I am having my Vape all of a sudden it’s like it overheats & the juice starts leaking out the bottom. It ruins it and wastes so much!

I’m very much over the cheap pens and wonder if anyone can recommend a good one that will save my cartridges! Or if it is not the pen does anyone know what I’m possibly doing wrong? I had that happen twice in the last week so I’m kind of at my wits’ end.

So I initially went through about a dozen pens that were rather cheap and easily found in most dispensaries/smoke shops. After having trouble with those, as far as charging & the connections, I switched to Strane brand pens. I got a few with some Vape cartridges and since they were USB they were easy to charge and convenient. They worked well for a while.

However I have had a problem with them that has also happened with others. While I am having my Vape all of a sudden it’s like it overheats & the juice starts leaking out the bottom. It ruins it and wastes so much!

I’m very much over the cheap pens and wonder if anyone can recommend a good one that will save my cartridges! Or if it is not the pen does anyone know what I’m possibly doing wrong? I had that happen twice in the last week so I’m kind of at my wits’ end.
Maybe try cleaning the contacts with isopropyl. I use a Juul for nicotine and I have to use a Q Tip soaked in alcohol about once a week or the unit will not shut off like it should. Obviously, let the iso dry thoroughly or you will get a nasty surprise.

I use a Eleaf Istick TC60W. Used one for 4 years and eventually wore it out, so I bought another. You can swap the 18650 batteries so you never get left with a dead one. A fresh one in the mod and a spare alone* in your pocket and you're good for the day +.

*Make sure it's in a pocket by itself. You don't want to risk shorting out the contacts. Lithium batteries aren't fun to be around when they go critical.

Maybe try cleaning the contacts with isopropyl. I use a Juul for nicotine and I have to use a Q Tip soaked in alcohol about once a week or the unit will not shut off like it should. Obviously, let the iso dry thoroughly or you will get a nasty surprise.
I’m pretty sure they only got cleaned after there was a problem. Holy guac - you’re right!!! That definitely was stupid of me.

I use a Eleaf Istick TC60W. Used one for 4 years and eventually wore it out, so I bought another. You can swap the 18650 batteries so you never get left with a dead one. A fresh one in the mod and a spare alone* in your pocket and you're good for the day +.

*Make sure it's in a pocket by itself. You don't want to risk shorting out the contacts. Lithium batteries aren't fun to be around when they go critical.
I hadn’t heard of it but when I mentioned it to my dad he had heard of them but forgotten. We browsed their site & really like what we see! USB chargers built in are our favs & eleaf has some!

Thank you both for giving me some food for thought! When I know what we’re ordering I’ll let you all know!

Latest posts

Back