Vape pen that won’t destroy my universe

Bexly

Reaction score
So I initially went through about a dozen pens that were rather cheap and easily found in most dispensaries/smoke shops. After having trouble with those, as far as charging & the connections, I switched to Strane brand pens. I got a few with some Vape cartridges and since they were USB they were easy to charge and convenient. They worked well for a while.

However I have had a problem with them that has also happened with others. While I am having my Vape all of a sudden it’s like it overheats & the juice starts leaking out the bottom. It ruins it and wastes so much!

I’m very much over the cheap pens and wonder if anyone can recommend a good one that will save my cartridges! Or if it is not the pen does anyone know what I’m possibly doing wrong? I had that happen twice in the last week so I’m kind of at my wits’ end.

oldfogey8

Grouch
Reaction score
So I initially went through about a dozen pens that were rather cheap and easily found in most dispensaries/smoke shops. After having trouble with those, as far as charging & the connections, I switched to Strane brand pens. I got a few with some Vape cartridges and since they were USB they were easy to charge and convenient. They worked well for a while.

However I have had a problem with them that has also happened with others. While I am having my Vape all of a sudden it’s like it overheats & the juice starts leaking out the bottom. It ruins it and wastes so much!

I’m very much over the cheap pens and wonder if anyone can recommend a good one that will save my cartridges! Or if it is not the pen does anyone know what I’m possibly doing wrong? I had that happen twice in the last week so I’m kind of at my wits’ end.
Maybe try cleaning the contacts with isopropyl. I use a Juul for nicotine and I have to use a Q Tip soaked in alcohol about once a week or the unit will not shut off like it should. Obviously, let the iso dry thoroughly or you will get a nasty surprise.

Hippie420

Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!
Staff member
Reaction score
I use a Eleaf Istick TC60W. Used one for 4 years and eventually wore it out, so I bought another. You can swap the 18650 batteries so you never get left with a dead one. A fresh one in the mod and a spare alone* in your pocket and you're good for the day +.

*Make sure it's in a pocket by itself. You don't want to risk shorting out the contacts. Lithium batteries aren't fun to be around when they go critical.

Bexly

Reaction score
Maybe try cleaning the contacts with isopropyl. I use a Juul for nicotine and I have to use a Q Tip soaked in alcohol about once a week or the unit will not shut off like it should. Obviously, let the iso dry thoroughly or you will get a nasty surprise.
I’m pretty sure they only got cleaned after there was a problem. Holy guac - you’re right!!! That definitely was stupid of me.

I use a Eleaf Istick TC60W. Used one for 4 years and eventually wore it out, so I bought another. You can swap the 18650 batteries so you never get left with a dead one. A fresh one in the mod and a spare alone* in your pocket and you're good for the day +.

*Make sure it's in a pocket by itself. You don't want to risk shorting out the contacts. Lithium batteries aren't fun to be around when they go critical.
I hadn’t heard of it but when I mentioned it to my dad he had heard of them but forgotten. We browsed their site & really like what we see! USB chargers built in are our favs & eleaf has some!

Thank you both for giving me some food for thought! When I know what we’re ordering I’ll let you all know!