Vape settings?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surfer Joe

Reaction score
Well, I finally got a vaporizer for smoking pot, but I have a few questions.
Does vaping increase or decrease the potency of what you smoke compared to smoking in a regular pipe or joint? Is it more diluted so you need more hits to get the same intake of thc?
What is the point of setting different temps on the vaporizer? What's the best temp to vape pot? How will using different temps affect the results?

I got one of the Volcano vapes that have a bag.
Does the potency diminish if you leave the vape smoke in the bag for a while before inhaling it?

I'm just hoping that a vape will help my lungs stay less congested and maintain the potency of whatever I'm smoking.

I have an Arizer Solo. It has 7 heat settings, start on 4 or 5, when hits get weak, go up 1 light. Vaping should help your lungs out, without loosing potency. Try it, do believe you`ll like it. Later. Peace.

I find the vape high very clean and it's not my go to stay of medicating

I have an Extreme Q, similar to the Volcano (but a lot cheaper). I have mine set at 209C and that seems to work well for me. I have only used the bag a few times for parties and we empty it quite quickly, so have never let it sit.

The high is different. I cannot say if it is better or worse, just somewhat different. And we do know that it is healthier. I do not believe that you lose any potency, just the nasties that combusting anything results in.

I started experimenting but it will take time to figure out how the different temps affect the high since once I'm high, I can't really make much of a distinction anymore.

But I am quite worried about the residue.
I vaped a small amount several times, varying temps each time, until I figured there was nothing left to get out of the sample.
But when I went to clean it out, the stuff looked exactly like fresh pot. It was unburned and the same color as before. The only difference was that when I crushed it between my fingers, it was dry and crumbled into dust.
I didn't know whether to throw it away or it if should be vaped further or if it has any other uses.
How many times can you vape a sample before it's exhausted, and is it good for anything else after being used for vaping?

Mine always comes out "browned" defiantly NOT the same green as I put in but also NOT burnt.
(I own: 1 DaVinci, 1 Ascent, 2 Pax and 4 VaporGenie pipes)

I keep hitting it till it stops giving off vapor OR starts tasting "bad".
The hits off a vape are so sweet and delicious it's "easy" to notice the change. (IMO)

Some will say you can still cook with the "remains" but I have not tried it.

Big pile is from the Ascent (in pic) small pile from a VaporGenie pipe (not in pic)

View attachment PICT0967.jpg

My neighbor begs me for the leftovers... She LOVES them for making cookies, yuck, i say, but what ever..she is a real stoner so if she likes them they must work. Mine can look burnt. I agree with THG, the high is different but I can't explain how. I am being bad and just using a glass pipe...

Best I can do is say that a vape high is a cleaner high. Makes sense to me, but I`m high. Later. Peace.

Just my luck. I am red green color blind so the pot looks the same to me before and after being vaped. Is there any sort of ball park figure for how many times you can vape the same sample?

I think all real vaporizers leave the brown residue--not sure what to call it, but it looks somewhat like tobacco after it has been vaped. I find that I simply quit getting vapor when the bud is used up. I never go by the color of the stuff in the bowl, so color blindness is not an issue at all.

Surfer Joe, you are going to get more than a couple of tokes from a bowl if it is anything like the Extreme Q. How did you decide there was nothing left to vape? The color change is not huge, but the bud tends to loose its green color and leave brown stuff that looks quite similar to ground bud, but not green. You will not get ash or anything like that because the bud is not being combusted.

I also cannot imagine cooking with it, but to each their own.

Thanks.
I was going by the amount of white mist in the bag.
After a few vapes, the bag fills with clear air mostly.
If I set the temp to 5.5, I can get a mist for about 2-3 vapes in the bag, but if I vape at 7.5 it only lasts for one bag.
I may look into the more portable ones with a tube.
I have heard good reviews from the arizer solo and the extreme q

I have the extreme Q. I set it at 210C. I get two bags out of a loosely tamped bowl. I stir up the bud in the bowl between bags. The second bag gets a little harsh though. The high I get from it is more of up high where as the same stuff in my pipe gives me more of a relaxed sleepy high. I use them according to what kind of high I want.

Yes, I noticed that as well. Vaping seems to produce a more sativa style high than smoking the same pot in a joint. It has some of the trippy quality that space cake has.

Latest posts

Back