Veg and bloom 2 shelf grow box

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IKE

Reaction score
IGNORE my sig below for this inquiry ---

I'm making a grow box -- 8' high - 2' wide - 5' long. I'll grow medium size photoperiod plants - veg on top shelf w/T5s - bloom on bottom shelf w/400watt HPS with can filter above it. How would you break up the 8 feet height I have for a top and bottom shelf? How tall for bottom shelf - how tall for top shelf?
I would guess 5 feet for bottom / 3 feet for top - if plants in veg get too big, I can top them - what do you think?

IMO 2 or 3 feet would be ok, just make it so that the top shelf can be removed if your flowering gets to high like you said or also like you said just top them

ditto on what the bobster said. moveable shelves. plus remember that you'll loose at least a foot (more like 2) from hanging the HPS and giving it minimal clearance over the teenagers without burning their mullets.

Old_SSSC_Guy said:
ditto on what the bobster said. moveable shelves. plus remember that you'll loose at least a foot (more like 2) from hanging the HPS and giving it minimal clearance over the teenagers without burning their mullets.

Lest we forget the pot.....

And don't forget having to lift heavy pots or hydro tubs up however high your top shelf is...and making sure your shelf can hold all the weight.

Latest posts

Back