Veg Room

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevetberry

Reaction score
I have been using the same closet for veg and flower. I have decided to get me a tent for veg and I have several questions.

I need enough room to get 18 plants to 5 weeks and then I will cull that down to 12 for the flower room.

I was looking at a tent that is 2'7"X4'11"X84" made by Grolab. I was planning on getting a 4 foot 8 bulb T5 lamp that is 4 feet long and 2 feet wide.

All of this is up for discussion as I have not bought anything.

What size totes should I use? What size net pots do I need to get them to 5 weeks?

When they are 5 weeks old they will go into my GH Water Farms recirculating system that is now a 12 pack.

the tent sounds s,all for 18 plants....How big do you veg them too?...I dont think its the size of net pot as much as it is the size of room to work with...Ive read some neggy on the growlab...Best tent Ive read up on is a "Secret Jarden"...I bought one and cant wait to use it...another thing to consider is maybe use the tent as flower room instead of closet...Is the closet light proof?..and what are those measurements?...

:48:

^ def use the tent for flower, as it should not leak light.

an 8 bulb t5 might be better but the 4 footers would work.

if you keep them in small enough containers and dont veg to long, 12 in the tent can work. i would get a 5x5 and put a 1k in there....

My closet is 12 feet X 4 feet and the plants get 8 feet X 4 feet of that space. The rest of the space is for controller, reservoir, chiller and fans. The closet is not light proof but it is at the back of the room and the room door is almost closed when lights are off. I have flowered in this closet many times.

If I use the tent for vegging it will have to be light proof and I will have to stay out of it when the flowering girl's lights are off. I have room for a bigger tent if needed and I am not opposed to switching the veg and flower around if it will work better. I was hoping to only use one 4 feet X 2 feet T5 light but they may not be enough.

My plants are usually a little over a foot tall at 5 weeks

Any suggestions on what size totes and net pots and then I can figure out how big the tent needs to be.

Latest posts

Back