Veg Stage Questions...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xRedkiller03x

Reaction score
Hey guyz ive been in Veg Stage for like 24 days now and since all my plants are Indicas should i just wait till they show sex or switch to 12/12 when they reach 12-14 inches? My Tent is 5 Feet high.

that would depend on how many plants you have and how much lighting you posses in the tent. im guessing they r clones???

nah theyre from seeds. and i got 3 plants with 400 watt lighting system, check my sig with link to grow journal, you'll see em there.

You could let them go longer than 12". Depends on how big you want them to get. :eek:

Personally I would at least wait till they show sex- usually around 6 weeks.

If you flip them before they show alternating nodes, you are wasting light! Since they wont start flowering until they are sexually mature, switching early you loose up to 12 hours of light per day.
Wait until they show alternating nodes, then flip!
W

Flipping before alt nodes isn't the best, I agree with Woody here!

I don't flip my plants from seed till they show sex....any earlier and you are just missing out on an opportunity to veg them more. They won't flower till they are sexually mature so why flip them and watch them stretch?

hmm, good points guyz. ill follow ur advice and wait till they show sex.

If you are worried about them getting too tall, do some supercropping or LST.

Hey guyz back with another Veg stage question. my plants have been in veg stage for alitle more than 3 weeks(since they sprouted). but they are not very tall. only about 3 inches tall. is this a result of 24/7 light schedule?

The 24/7 lights should veg them faster. I looked at your grow journal it looks like you may have transplanted a little early. I go from beer cups to 1 gallons till they get good and strong then into the big containers(5-7gal smart pots w/ happy frog). JMO

xRedkiller03x said:
Hey guyz back with another Veg stage question. my plants have been in veg stage for alitle more than 3 weeks(since they sprouted). but they are not very tall. only about 3 inches tall. is this a result of 24/7 light schedule?

No like gysydog said...if anything they wld get bigger quicker. How much light you hitting them with?

Hamster's right. The plants want to get to their natural height. If you go 12-12 earlier than they want, they will just stretch.

I had a few suffering from slow growth a while back. Not much I tried worked until I "went back to basics" and remember the line, "its all about the roots and the environment.
With that in mind, you should be aiming to give the best environment you can for them.
Temps, 75-82, 78 perfect.
Humidity, 30 to 60 at that age, 40 being perfect.
Light, 3,000 lumens per sq ft (min) of blue spectrum (6,500k)
Air, circulating and refreshed at least every 4 mins.
Those are the basics, get those right and with good genetics and decent nutrients you are giving them the best chance of being strong plants.
JMO mixed with a little fact. W

Latest posts

Back