vegging

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Genuine

Reaction score
how does one find out how long it takes for their plant to veg before starting up the flowering? is there a golden rule to it or does it change from strain to strain? im gonna start grwoing Barneys Farm Red Cherry Berry but i havent really been able to find any info on how it grows except that the product is good and bountiful. from what i could surmise anything from 3-8 weeks depending on how large you want the plant. so in otherwords, the veg process ends whenever you want the flowering to begin pretty much?

There are a couple thing that you want to happen 1: You want to have alternating nodes and 2: show sex. My 1st ones showed at 4 weeks. They'll show. Give them time. Search around and there are lots of photos on what to look for and where and keep your eyes peeled. A plant will only flower after it is sexually mature. Putting it on 12/12 will only make it flower if it has reached maturity.

what do you mean by alternating nodes? and i thought that you will only find out its sexual orientation once you start the flowering process?

When they become sexually mature they will show you. Here are alternating nodes. They will show you these in veg. Then you can flower.

26_Alternating_nodes_1.jpg

Preflowe.jpg

preflowh.jpg

so alternating equals non-symmetrical? and before you begin to flower, the dropping of the balls/growing of the pubes would become visible first?

Genuine said:
so alternating equals non-symmetrical? and before you begin to flower, the dropping of the balls/growing of the pubes would become visible first?
yes and yes
:aok:

Latest posts

Back