Vendor warning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hushpuppy

Dr MadBud
Reaction score
For all who know me here, I have touted the customer service of an online company called "plantlightinghydroponics.com" I used to buy almost exclusively from them but recent events have caused me to cease any and all business with this company, also known as "Aladin's lights".

My last order placed with them went on "terminal backorder" and they didn't bother to contact me or try to help me do something different even after calling them twice to inquire about my very important carbon filter. I finally had to cancel the order and have now had to call repeatedly to try to get them to refund my money even a couple weeks after the cancelation of my order, and repeated promises that my refund is coming. I intend to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau in their state of Ohio.

I am not the first to have this recent failure of customer service so I am posting this warning to all here. If you wish to do business with this company, you do so at your own risk. :(

:holysheep::angrywife::**::mad::hitchair: sic'em puppy

twitter and facebook shaming are a nice way to get action also

I also am out for about $25, I knew it was going to be a fight to get my money back so I am just going to eat it.

I will never buy again from Plantlightinghydroponics, AKA Aladins lights again.

They are holding onto $271 of mine. I am going to call them again this morning and let them know that they have until Christmas and then I am going to blast them. first with a call to the BBB then Facebook and any other media I can get too :hairpull: Its sad really to me because I used to go to them exclusively for all my stuff and apparently they have been bought by a dumb-*** who doesn't have a clue about how to conduct business with the public.

:rant: Sorry to hear guys, especially you HP...271.00 is nothing to sneeze at. Thanks for the heads up brother. :mad:

If this a thread for Vendor warnings, I'd like to add my two cents.
Ironseedsales.com in Toronto, Ron Hill is a dishonest man, buyer beware.

They are holding onto $271 of mine. I am going to call them again this morning and let them know that they have until Christmas and then I am going to blast them. first with a call to the BBB then Facebook and any other media I can get too :hairpull: Its sad really to me because I used to go to them exclusively for all my stuff and apparently they have been bought by a dumb-*** who doesn't have a clue about how to conduct business with the public.

dispute it as fraud with the bank

oh wow this place is like 20 minutes from me. I should drive by and see if they are open or what.

For all who know me here, I have touted the customer service of an online company called "plantlightinghydroponics.com" I used to buy almost exclusively from them but recent events have caused me to cease any and all business with this company, also known as "Aladin's lights".

My last order placed with them went on "terminal backorder" and they didn't bother to contact me or try to help me do something different even after calling them twice to inquire about my very important carbon filter. I finally had to cancel the order and have now had to call repeatedly to try to get them to refund my money even a couple weeks after the cancelation of my order, and repeated promises that my refund is coming. I intend to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau in their state of Ohio.

I am not the first to have this recent failure of customer service so I am posting this warning to all here. If you wish to do business with this company, you do so at your own risk. :(

Hushpuppy, If you used a CC just call your CC and let them handle it. I've done that a couple of times with dishonest people.

unfortunately, I used a debit card from an isolated acct that I use only for ordering stuff. I don't keep very much in it to prevent theft. I am going to open an acct with Paypal so that I have better control in the future.

It's such a shame that new ownership of a company can turn them from being a great company into one that should not be in business. I too have used them for quite a bit of my growing equipment. Their prices were always the best. Good luck HP! $271 is nothing to sneeze about

Well I just lodged a complaint at them with the BBB of Ohio. If that doesn't work, I will give their state attorney general a call and see if he would like to squeeze them some. I don't know about Ohio but the attorney general in my state will eat a business up for screwing customers.

Hippy might have the right idea. About 10 years ago back when I was doing a lot of competitive bass fishing and didn't have my arm problems I sold an onboard battery charger to a guy in Missouri. I received confirmation that it was delivered to the person but I never got paid(last time I trusted someone I didn't know). I posted on the forum that I had sold through that I got stiffed. Another member of the forum that lived two towns over from the guy I sold it to offered to pay him a visit. Two weeks later I received payment in the mail.
Some people and even some businesses feel they can screw over people that are too far away to be able to personally push the issue.

Latest posts

Back