Ventilation problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwistItUp

Reaction score
5x5x6 room hooked up the scrubber>>ducting<<light<<<growbright 6 in inline fan<<<outside vent.
turned everything on and the fan sucked the ducting together moved the light and scrubber about a foot and the air coming out the vent sounds like a 767 going overhead. The fan is so loud you can hear it 20 yards away outside.
What am I doing wrong. I have yet to see a post where anyone has had these many issues with a 6 inch fan.
Well anyways I sent it back and got 2 6 inch suncourt inlines.
If I hook one up pulling through the scrubber and one up pushing through light and one pushing out the vent do you think this would be efficient?
Also another question:
The air coming out the vent, will there be any odor traces coming out if this is a brand new carbon scrubber.
The neighbors are having a big bash at the end of June and my shed is right in the backyard and I will be in week 5 of flower.
help

I run like this carbon filter -> 6" inline fan -> duct -> cooltube -> duct to exit of grow area. No odor and im 6 weeks flowering, 9 plants.

My fan was loud as heck too, like a fricken vacuum. Get a fan speed controller, it made a world of difference, and only like 20-30 bucks.

You can see my setup in My First Grow journal, page 1 bottom.

Good luck

hiya twistitup

first rigging one 6" inline pushing air through the light-is it an enclosed unit like a jetstream or cooltube???

either way it will be fine doing what you suggest.

dont under any circumstances ever use an inline to pull air from a hps as this can lead to the inline fan melting with excessive heat. just a precaution dude.

if so have it vented into the room and it will be fine for airflow.

as for pulling air thru carbon scrubber you have no worries especially with it being a new unit.

good for abot 12 months of continuous use a scrubber.

TwisItUp,those suncourt fans suck,ive tried them before not very good at all.Also your carbon subber is made for a certain cfm(cubic feet/minute)that suncort will never give you the cfm you looking for.For a subber you need a inline or a dayton blower.Like peacekiller said get a speed controler.Also make sure theres some duct at the end this will help with fan niose.Good luck.Ps also look at how peacekiller has his/hers hooked up.

Latest posts

Back