Venting air,,,Would this Work ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dontknowmuch

Reaction score
Would this work? I have ducting coming out of my tent from the air cooled hood being pulled out from the fan. Could I use that same duct line when I am not using the inline fan to push air into the tent with another fan. I guess I am wondering when the inline fan is off will the air I push in blow through the fan or would it do any damage since I am trying to push it through the side that pulls out..does that make any sense?

it might work, but not like you think. it kinda makes the tent a postive-pressure thing; so that air has to go somewhere, usually pushing the odor of the grow into the room, you know?

but there's nothing wrong with running the fan all the time. if its pulling air from the room its a good thing and better for plant happiness (smile).

thanks, odor isnt an issue. I just want to push some of my dry warm air from living room into tent for warmth and lower humidity when the lights are off

shouldn't do any damage to the fan, but it will be inefficient since it has to pass through the fan and hood

better to push it in through it's current intake, whatever that is

I believe thats what most do to conserve some energy..and is very wise....IMO...why not use whats ya all ready have available:aok:

take care and be safe

King Bud said:
shouldn't do any damage to the fan, but it will be inefficient since it has to pass through the fan and hood

better to push it in through it's current intake, whatever that is

I missunderstood....thaught it was dureing lights off..

If your tent is in the same room that you are exausting into then leaving the fan running constantly will pull the air from within the house into the tent anyway. If you are pulling the intake air from another location and it would be easier to blow it in reverse, you can do that without damaging the centrifuge fan.

It will not be real efficient because of the mechanics of the main fan will slow the airflow down, but all you would have to do is connect a standard duct fan onto the the end of the duct hose in reverse, and then have it on a timer that turns it on after the main fan turns off.

Latest posts

Back