Venting from one room to another- Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

max cady

Reaction score
Hi! I'm new here. Happy to be part of community. I have a question about ventilation. Want to run two rooms (1 bigger than another), in each will be 1 bigger flowering tent (approx. 3 m2) and 1 smaller veg tent, these rooms are sharing wall. Can't vent them outside, probably exhausting them into chimney is also not an option. Was thinking to drill two holes in this shared wall and attaching there fans to make from them exhaust and intake for both of these rooms. Could it work and if not do you have any other ideas how to vent it? Will be thankful for any input. Sorry for my english, I'm not a native.

So heat from one room will vent into the other and so on?
You need some fresh air in the equation too.
Can you vent up into the attic maybe inside a closet off the same rooms

Thanks. Was considering it but unfortunatelly still it's not an option in my case. Maybe would be possible to vent between 3 rooms, for example from one room where are tents exhausting to another room with tents and from there to third room? I know it sounds like overcomplicating. Venting between rooms would be most stealthy in my case. Other option is chimney but I think it's used.

I would think that would make your whole house smell like pot. I have two carbon filters working all the time and by venting into the most remote window I have with neighbors on either side I can keep the smell under control.

Another thing that helps is I am running a perpetual grow so I only have a couple of plants really putting off that pungent smell at a time.

Sounds like you will be battling heat the way you described.
You definitely need to figure out a way to get the heat out of the tent and room.
Carbon filters for smell.

Not sure of your location but most houses have existing ventilation you might be able to tie into.
Like bathroom fans or kitchen vents.

I have 3 tents in one room…
2 vented into the room and one vented to the attic.
I still have to do a little adjustment to the room because if I close the door and the lights are on, that room will get to 80degrees f in no time.
Luckily I don’t have to worry about the smell in the house too much. I don’t mind it and since it’s legal out here now I am not too concerned.The one that vents that room to the attic does pretty good getting the smell out.
Carbon filters hooked to that one so neighbors can’t smell it.

Latest posts

Back