Venting outside issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well the kitty litter dries out the ora gel too quick even when i added a gallon of water.I smelled "Skunks" yesterday So im going to try the soil/ ora combo and see if that does the trick.Great idea I just have to tweak it a bit

i grew some super skunk in my backyard one time.wow during flower them suckers smeld so bad.i had 9 of them back there,friends came over and said wow where did the skunk spray.i wont grow skunk anymore indoors or out

well unfortunely i still have issues(dont we all)
its drying out way too fast.. thekitty litter dried out the ora gel completly. So i used soil /ora gel and added 2 gallons of water to it mixed it up. 4 days later all dried out and the smell is back... I dunno maybe do a box with only ora gel and water? Or maybe put some kind of air freshners in there? HELP

It was not long ago, that I had a similar problem. But I had a hole in my duct, that was drawing air from my flowering room, and bypassing the carbon filter. I have also had an old, used up, carbon filter, and all smells went away, after fixing the leak, and replacing the carbon filter. Both of these problems occured at different times, on different grows. How old are your carbon filters? I usually only get about 18 months, before I need to replace them.

HomieHogleg

they are both new (few months) Im going to get too big containers of ora gel and put them in the tote with about a gallon of water. NO kitty litter no dirt . they dry out way too quick

Chark said:
well unfortunely i still have issues(dont we all)
its drying out way too fast.. thekitty litter dried out the ora gel completly. So i used soil /ora gel and added 2 gallons of water to it mixed it up. 4 days later all dried out and the smell is back... I dunno maybe do a box with only ora gel and water? Or maybe put some kind of air freshners in there? HELP

Dont use kitty litter, use the Soil Moist.
Here is a link to the recipie. http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17337

The mix should last a couple weeks, then just add more water.

I had the same problem.
After using cheap charcoal filtres I finally broke down and bought a
CAN 33. I've actually been venting indoors all winter. No smell issues.

Matt Brierley said:
I had the same problem.

I agree, not all filters are the same.

Matt Brierley said:
I had the same problem.
Yes, I vent indoors as well. Cuts down on heating costs.

HomieHogleg

I have always sucked the air out with the filter in the grow, till I started running a tray with really funky stuff... I then suck air out and push it all through a 3ft can filter. No more smell issues. The filter makes it!

Big can filter (spend the $!) outside the chamber... So I Know all the air is filtered.

Growdude said:
Dont use kitty litter, use the Soil Moist.
Here is a link to the recipie. http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17337

The mix should last a couple weeks, then just add more water.

thanks growdude i saw your post after i had already went and bought the ora gel and mixed it with just water. I Think this should do the trick the whole house inside and out smells like ora gel . Thanks

Ozone generator in your exhaust, past the fan, would work. Tape all connections with aluminum tape.

well overall it works kinda... i didnt see growdudes post in time and i put 2 gallons of ora gel with a gallon of water in the tote. it works great for about 5 days then i checked and it was all totally dried out. so here i am 3 gallons of ora gel$120 all dried up lol that sucks.so i guess im gonna go back up there buy some more ora gel and some soil moist. Hopefully it wont dry up so fast

also i run my vents directly into the tote not like in the example you showed me growdude. that has a fan pulling air out.

Where do you have your fans mounted(within the line of items and at what position in relation to the grow space)? That could be part of the problem. Sometimes its not just one big thing but several little things that add up to the problem.

if i were you id just buy an inline ozone generator like pcduck said and be done with it forever, by the time you buy all that ona gel you couldve purchased an ozone generator already. JMO

starts with the fliter-light-fan-duct muffler. i pull air from the light w the filter on the other side of the light.

i have a ozone generator jr. the small one u hang on the wall .it comes on for 10 minutes then shuts off for 5 or so . Is that similar to a "inline" one ?
you guys think that would work best?

Charm, I'm telling you, the proper carbon filters combined with an ozone filter will fix the prob for months, Sometimes if your fan is overrated for your exhaust and your filter , you can get a controller and turn it down to make your filters last longer. I bought ona gel different odor absorbers different buckets or tubs with ducts into buckets with diff mictures and even mixing with carbon....etc. etc. Coconut carbon works great especially if it's highly activated. The brand filter makes it bro .

Good luck.

i think i have proper carbon filters i have 2 6" tallboys from HTG supply. i have controllers on my fans also

Latest posts

Back