Vermont legal grow limits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vtfarmer

Reaction score
Vermont legalized pot 2 years ago. Growers are allowed 6 plants, only 2 of which can be mature. Growers can possess any amount harvested from those 2 plants. (My average legal yield is about 2 pounds per plant ). This pot cannot be sold or bartered. It can only be gifted in 2 ounce increments ( legal possession limit for non growers ) . The police seem to look the other way if the above numbers are stretched a bit although large growers have made the news getting arrested for big plots.

That sounds about like how things started out here in Colorado.

can you get any extended plant counts?

Purely out of curiosity, when you say, "only 2 of which can be mature," how is Vermont defining "mature?" Is that a plant in flower stage, or a plant that is close to harvest (or something else)?
I am guessing he means in flower. I am sure VT will chime in and explain. Like Big said, pretty close to what Colorado has in place. Only people that get hassled by LEO here are careless or large illegal grows. Most of those are from out of state and come here to get rich. Most of them leave in a couple of years (broke) or get to spend time in the Crow Bar Hotel.

Purely out of curiosity, when you say, "only 2 of which can be mature," how is Vermont defining "mature?" Is that a plant in flower stage, or a plant that is close to harvest (or something else)?
Mature is considered in flowering stage. I think the cops actually only consider mature to be close to harvest. I was told a grower had 8 huge plants close to harvest last summer. . A neighbor spotted them and called the police. Police showed up and confronted grower about his large plant count. The grower was then told to choose 2 plants, the police left with the others. In another incident, a grower had 16 plant in vegetative stage, the police showed up and confiscated all of them. It seems like it just depends on what mood the officers are in when they arrive. One of the biggest issues is theft. The teenagers ( and older thieves ) roam the countryside in early fall stealing plants. A friend had mature plants taken from her greenhouse. Police have to investigate these thefts when called, although they probably just go through the motions to satisfy the victims. Vermont recently passed a retail pot law allowing stores to open soon. I think this is aimed at our sizable tourist trade ( like Colorado ). Black market prices have plummeted in the past year as the state is flooded with homegrown.

Vermont legalized pot 2 years ago. Growers are allowed 6 plants, only 2 of which can be mature. Growers can possess any amount harvested from those 2 plants. (My average legal yield is about 2 pounds per plant ). This pot cannot be sold or bartered. It can only be gifted in 2 ounce increments ( legal possession limit for non growers ) . The police seem to look the other way if the above numbers are stretched a bit although large growers have made the news getting arrested for big plots.
In MA all the above but allows for 2 per household 12 plants total 6 in flower.

Better than WA if you don't have a med card. I think if people are growing for personal consumption and not diverting any of it into a black market, my hope is the law will just let you be.

Mature is considered in flowering stage. I think the cops actually only consider mature to be close to harvest. I was told a grower had 8 huge plants close to harvest last summer. . A neighbor spotted them and called the police. Police showed up and confronted grower about his large plant count. The grower was then told to choose 2 plants, the police left with the others. In another incident, a grower had 16 plant in vegetative stage, the police showed up and confiscated all of them. It seems like it just depends on what mood the officers are in when they arrive. One of the biggest issues is theft. The teenagers ( and older thieves ) roam the countryside in early fall stealing plants. A friend had mature plants taken from her greenhouse. Police have to investigate these thefts when called, although they probably just go through the motions to satisfy the victims. Vermont recently passed a retail pot law allowing stores to open soon. I think this is aimed at our sizable tourist trade ( like Colorado ). Black market prices have plummeted in the past year as the state is flooded with homegrown.
I was ripped, they got my 6 plants. one of them was 10' plus I called her Proud Mary

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    138.1 KB · Views: 33
jeebus man, kind of hard to hide that monster with a fence. That is an awesome plant, not awesome some bloody rippers took her.

Maine is 12 per person or married household and that's in full bloom and unlimited clones. I went to apply for a commercial license and when it came to the last signature, which was my town, they did a covert law to ban the commercial or residential sales of pot BEFORE the actual laws came out. So as a recreational grower I can carry one ounce, keep all my yields and just rotate out a system all year long. That's pounds of pot! Now if I want to let friends who don't have the room grow on my land, they need to tag their 12 plants with name and drivers license. I have 10 acres do the math. Selling becomes the problem but not really.

What I forgot to throw in there is even growing commercially 60 plants in flower is the max. I could have 600 on my property and they can't do a thing about it, morons.

Latest posts

Back