Vertical lighting debunked

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrFever

Reaction score
Ok not sure if any growers here use this style if hanging there light vertical rather then horizontal,,,, Vertical growing has become a craze last few years from donut style to coliseum style ,,,
So now after some years and many growers that have grown vert how does it really stack up to horizontal growing
IMO i am sure many people here remember health robinson ???? and many vert growers tend to mention him when vertical growing is questioned but what i find ironic is since his ridiculous claim of something like 4 pounds from a 600 watt vertical grow ??? which was grown many years ago there has never really been another vertical grow that even comes close below are some pictures and lets start this debunking

View attachment LiDiagramB-1.jpg

View attachment lidiagrama.jpg

View attachment 2684498593-way-comparisoon-med-med.gif

So when looking at the space diagram you notice how its mentioned the percentage of more space right ?? i for one do not care about the extra space i care about YIELD
So anyways with larger space does this mean more yield ?????
well in theory one would think well yea it does more space = more plants but reality tells me more space = less watts per or less lumens per sq foot right and really speaking we need to have that in check per sq foot for best possible yield

So lets break this down a 1000 watt light hung vertical is releasing light 360 degrees thus releasing heat in all directions but less intense as energy is spread all around makes believe also that it sure will light up a room but as for par readings IMO as par is being spread 360 degrees it also will be lost just as fast compared to Horizontal with reflector is spreading all the light at a angle down wards where all heat also is being directed with some being absorbed via reflector as well as all the par is directed into a given canopy area

So after looking at hundreds of of vertical journals this week end i have come to the conclusion and found the magic number many vert growers are achieving and that is .85 - .87 grams per watt a far cry from being actually a better way of growing

Latest posts

Back