Very small leaves a problem?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

choxie

Reaction score
So I have been comparing the pictures for my purple punch that I got from Greenpoint that are feminized photoperiods. One set of leaves were 5 inches across and the rest are tiny 2.5 inch leaves. The photos of other people growing the same strain have the regular large leaves. Is this indicative of anything wrong or just perhaps this phenotype? So far they have been vegging for 8 weeks.
My pH has been kind of off like 6.8-7.0 sometimes but usually 6.3. I'm using miracle grow with cal mag. I did have a bit of nitrogen excess so I've stopped using it for a few weeks now and it's now a normal green or at least I believe this is a more normal green.

Attachments

• IMG_20220219_085809.jpg
    IMG_20220219_085809.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20220219_085724.jpg
    IMG_20220219_085724.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 23
what kind of lights are you using...your pH is a bit too high in my book, shoot for 6.0 and see if that makes a difference...miracle grow is a marginal food for weed, can you get different nutes designed for marijuana...

I will be switching over to veg + bloom (just purchased it). I keep hearing different numbers like 6.0-6.5 so I was just trying for the middle ground.
For lights I'm using famur tf1200 and I use 2 of them which are 110 watt led full spectrum.

in soil or hydro

some plants that I have grown love a low Ph

just sayin’ different plants like different things

so don’t be afraid of a low Ph

it has been my experience that the runoff Ph is always higher than what goes in

ive had times where the Ph going in was like 6.3 but the runoff was like around 7.6 or even higher

thats when I began experiment with low Ph….in at 5.3 and runoff was like 6.5

some of my plants loved the low Ph range

the cannabis plant is quite resilient eh

Latest posts

Back