Voodoo+ Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tact

Learning Everyday
Reaction score
Day 1 - July 10th, 2014 -

Hi all, it has been a long time since I have had a grow. My last one was 5 years ago (!)(http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52292) with White Russian from Serious Seeds, it went great, I am almost out of that run. Shortly after that grow I bought some Voodoo seeds from Dutch Passion, and a free swag deal was going on where you get a ton of random seeds.

In this grow:

10x Voodoo *feminized*
3x Sleestack x Skunk
3x OG18 x Skunk
3x Kushberry x Skunk
3x Kandy Krush x Skunk
3x L.A. Confidential x Skunk
1x Hashplant Haze x Skunk *feminized*
1x Moby **** x Skunk *feminized*

When I did my White Russian grow they were not feminized, and out of 13, 12 if not all 13 were females. Here, I have over twice as many seeds going.

Germination was done with the paper-towel method, 75% success after 2 days, planted the ones that did not germinate as well. I have my smaller fluro setup in a tent for now with the seedlings about 8" from the bulbs. I will be setting up the 1000w MH/HPS within the week, wanted to get these guys going as I remember starting from seeds packs on a couple weeks+ compared to clones.

Have to open up a lot of packed away boxes, get at all my stuff. I have organic nutes packed up :/, those have to be *dead* in terms of microbiology, maybe not? Won't need those for a while anyway, soil is 50%/50% ocean forest/light warrior, distilled to start, have an RO packed away.

Lets see how this goes!

View attachment germ1.jpg

View attachment germ2.jpg

View attachment germ3.jpg

View attachment germ4.jpg

View attachment germ5.jpg

Welcome back! Looks like a great lineup. Looking forward to seeing them grow!

Hey all!

Just checked my tent and it was 94 degrees! Opened it up and put a fan in, a few sprouted up, might need a water a bit sooner with that temp, they are getting light when i pick em up.

Owww-94 is a bit hot--do you have an exhaust fan?

Owww-94 is a bit hot--do you have an exhaust fan?

It is! I do have an exhaust fan, it is packed away. I had my tent all zipped up and the top exhaust opening cinched shut. Opened the top exhaust hole up to let the hot air passively rise out, unzipped the front flaps and put in a small fan to get the air moving, now its at 82f 40% humidity 8" down from the fluros where the seedlings sit.

In my last grow, which is really my first grow solo I used just the 1000w hps/mh in a small room, same room that my tent is in now. So the heat had a larger area to dissipate. Getting these seedlings up so close to a fluro was warmer than I expected.

My how things have changed since the last time I had a grow going! So many states have come so far legislatively! The POTUS was offered weed a few days ago multiple times in Denver and no one was arrested! I hope that movement does not faulter and in 20 years I can grow these babies without any concern what so ever.

:vap-Bong_smoker:

Day 7 - July 17th, 2014 -

Hauled out mah stuff. Some heat issues have kept my light at 60% (of a 1000w), ran some ducting to get heat off the light with an active out. Will be putting a filter on the start, opposite side of the light the duct is running. Getting some stretch for sure, need to raise plant/lower the light, looks like 9 of the seeds are bunk and did not germinate, the rest are going. Only the second set of true leaves have shown, won't expect anything exciting for a month.

I will upload pics every Thursday.

View attachment IMAG0244.jpg

View attachment IMAG0245.jpg

View attachment IMAG0247.jpg

View attachment IMAG0248.jpg

View attachment IMAG0250.jpg

We have been having some hot days, for sure. This past week has been nice though. Hopefully your seedlings enjoyed it also.

Day 14 - July 24th, 2014 -

Really disappointed with the picture quality on the HTC One M8, back to an iphone for me I think when this one craps out.

Dealing with some high summer temps here, low 80s is now a reality for the room, gets to the high 70s at night. I am running lights 24/7, I think I will get a timer and change that light cycle to help alleviate the heat. If that does not help I might look into an AC for the room.

Some stretch is occurring for sure.

View attachment IMAG0254.jpg

Are you a skunk fan? I'd love to smell that tent in a couple of months. lol Green MOJO to ya...I'm in :)

Day 21 - July 31st, 2014 -

@PCDuck - We caught a cool down too, been so nice for the plants and my running.

@Weedhopper - Hey bro! Sounds good.

@powerplanter - Haha, I got all teh skunk crosses as a free swag grab from that uk seed site. Thanks for the mojo.

Things are coming along, expect to sex them soon then to 5-gallons. They are finally sucking up water at a decent rate, I waited 7 days before watering them this last time those pots just stayed heavy. Now that the root system is in place I expect watering intervals to shorten here. Still need to pick up so nutes. *Took these pictures with an iphone, what a ******* difference!

View attachment photo 1.jpg

Day 28 - August 7th, 2014 -

Plugging away. Will start some nutes soon I think. I keep running into my ducting when I check on them because I look down, there is a dent in the run now :S.

View attachment photo 1.jpg

Very nice Tact.... Ive seen some GEMS come from those DNA Skunk Train crosses... GL bro :48:

Latest posts

Back