VPD. How important is it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your sandier soils probably have high silica.

for sure that is true on outdoor

when i was using silica it was my indoor grows

A84749E3-6D2D-466A-AF82-ACFF1507D864.jpeg

Heat and light stress is what I have heard causes this.
Yes but sometimes I only got it on one plant out of four of the same strain. I realize that every plant is different. It drove me crazy wondering what was wrong with it. After I trimmed the ugly off it, I forgot all about it 😁lucky never made it to the buds but was too close to comfort for me…

Yes but sometimes I only got it on one plant out of four of the same strain. I realize that every plant is different. It drove me crazy wondering what was wrong with it. After I trimmed the ugly off it, I forgot all about it 😁lucky never made it to the buds but was too close to comfort for me…
I've been running clones of the same THC Bomb plant since last winter, and their leaves always crisp at the end while sitting right next to plants flowering in much better condition. But the one I grew outdoors never crisped at all.

I've always assumed it was too much light for that strain. After all who puts two 480W LED lights in a 4X4? But if silica can help, I'm willing to try it : )

Is the silica in sand bioavailable? If so i would add sand to my hydro because i don't have any source of silica where i am.
Try vermiculite. Sand itself doesn't break down so easy. Sandy soils would have been turning and churning for a few thousand years

50% RH and 77f is exactly where I want my tent. I the dead of winter the humidity and temperature runs lower an my yield drops about 10% but I see no difference in the overall quality of the buds.
Aha, so lower humidity less flower. Note taken.

Ganjier may be on to something with the silica supplementation. I knew it helps with cell wall strength and thus stem strength but in looking around the whirled wild infernet, I see sites saying it helps prevent fungal infection, increases nutrient uptake and moisture retention(which would explain the plants ‘drinking less’ I think). I think Bubba and pute both use silica supplements but I could be wrong.
I believe @Lesso recommended the silica. I gatta give credit where credit is due.

Just came home and man, my house stinks! I have a 6" scrubber going out into the attic on my flower tent, so it must be the clone tent. I had to add a 4" carbon filter in there. let's see if I notice smell tomorrow when I walk into the house. I never had small plants in veg smell so string. i guess they are "breathing" well.

I find, for me, VPD is critical for my experiments. I both view the calculated VPD and collect real time data. I can see, from the data, what works and what doesn’t then I build that into what I have already learned. If I didn’t have VPD this all might be hard but with it and how I can manipulate my tent all this is guaranteed.

I also notice my data tells me that no matter what VPD tries to stabilize all by itself

Latest posts

Back