WA State LCB releases rules

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is so disturbing to me. I wrote a letter to the liquor board and gave them a piece of my mind... They said they would share my letter. yeah right. I will go all Norma Ray on them.

[email protected]

Thanks Rose for the email....I would like everyone to send on a response...feel free to copy and paste what I sent

To Whom It May Concern,

While I applaud the state government's efforts to try and protect itself from the federal government, the current draft revision for medical marijuana laws would do great harm to the community of medical marijuana patients in our state. I think that the state registry could help law enforcement in determining who is allowed medical rights and who is not, and I believe that there will no longer be a need for collective grow "dispensaries" once I-502 cannabis storefronts are open to the public. However, by removing a patient's ability to produce (grow) their own medicine in their home the government would be putting HUGE, unfair economic pressure on medical patients. It is a simple matter of arithmetic.

First off, the draft suggests that the amount of usable cannabis that patients are allowed to possess be reduced from a month's supply (24 oz) to one week's supply (3 oz). This math in itself is faulty. Three is one eighth of twenty-four, and no month in the year has eight weeks. Therefore, it would be more reasonable to assume that six ounces would be one week's supply (as six is one quarter of twenty four, and most months have four-five weeks.) If patients cannot grow their own medicine they will be reliant on using the same outlets as recreational users. The last draft of the proposed pricing system suggested that the pre-tax price of cannabis be set at $12 per gram. So, even with the tax exemption that would be provided to medical users the average patient would be expected to spend $1008 (3 oz) to $2016 (6 oz) per week on their medicine. That adds up to $4032 to $8064 per month, or $48,384 to $96,768 per year. Let me repeat that: $96,768 per year! And how much of that would be taxed? None! Why force medical patients to buy from government run storefronts if the money they spent won't even be taxed? Recreational users do not require nearly as much cannabis, at most an ounce per week: none of which is necessary to control the side effects of debilitating disease or injury.

Please reconsider the following parts of your draft:

- The ability for medical marijuana patients to produce their medicine in their own home.
- The possession limits for medical marijuana patients.

The draft as it is written shows no respect for the well-being of patients.

Thank you,

Concerned Citizen.

Here is the reply

Thank you for your comment. It will be shared with the Liquor Control Board.

Sincerely,

Ingrid Mungia

Ingrid Gourley Mungia

Staff Attorney

Washington State Liquor Control Board
(360.664-4522

*[email protected]

If that bunch of rules ain't a slap in the face to med patients, What is?

Good letter 4U. Why is the liquor board talking to me about medicine anyway?

I would say because the pharmacological board still see no valve in marijuana

Rosebud said:
Good letter 4U. Why is the liquor board talking to me about medicine anyway?

I know ..Right....I voted against 502 just for this reason...and like was said ...I feel the MMJ should be protected under state constitution like Colorado is..I sure hope we stand up and not allow what the State wants...if the state gets what they want I have no choice but to stop growing Meds for myself and others...and would have to back doing this illegal...Ill keep yall posted...Im going to the meeting again Sunday

:bong:

Hey Brother anything out of staters can do to add our 2cents? or in my case no since but lotsa sensi:D

4u2sm0ke said:
I know ..Right....I voted against 502 just for this reason...and like was said ...I feel the MMJ should be protected under state constitution like Colorado is..I sure hope we stand up and not allow what the State wants...if the state gets what they want I have no choice but to stop growing Meds for myself and others...and would have to back doing this illegal...Ill keep yall posted...Im going to the meeting again Sunday

:bong:

How can they say a plant is illegal when it is legal in this state. I am with you 4U, i will have to be an outlaw with you. How can people on SS buy pot at 12 bucks a gram??? That would cost me. $4450.00 to make one batch of Rick simpson oil. This is b u l l s h it

ozzydiodude said:
Hey Brother anything out of staters can do to add our 2cents? or in my case no since but lotsa sensi:D

you dont have to be in Washington to sent emails...Just send to the email I posted..state your opinion...I think if we flood the LCB with stop the bullcrap..we may be heard..

:48:

Simply put. The largest indoor cannabis farm that gets the most invested, still wont be able to compete with a skilled underground grower. It all comes down to overhead. Theres would/is crazy high. $12 a gram? I can grow an oz for that.

They would be better off, letting people register to grow as a small biz and sell to the stores. Let any jo-blow give it a try that's got a dream.

Its not gonna be as easy as lets put 10k into a garage set up and bang out the super chronic. The market will be fierce and the learning curve for all the dreamers will be years in the making.

The aren't stopping me from growing... Not now. the horse is out of the barn, so to speak.

Getting a few drinks into me then I send a letter to them

DO NOT WORRY it wont be a :rant: but Ozzy know how to stretch the words to fit the politicians ear. just wish a weekly :hitchair: was allow. Funny how much you can get out a politician with a 1/5 of scotch:D

Our government wants total control. Med MJ won't be taxed then what is the point in taking away that option for people that can grow their own. If this legislation is passed I guess I will become an outlaw again.

Latest posts

Back