Want to buy LED lights . What ones .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

000StankDank000

Reaction score
I am helping a friend grow for the first time and he wants to grow with LED and grow Auto Flower plants.
What would be a good LED Light for him to buy to get started with? He is thinking of buying 2 Lights. How many plants could they do?

He has been looking at cheap china EBay lights and I'm trying to get him away from them. What do you guys recommend? I think I saw someone post up a nice light for $200 that's about his price range Give or take Thanks

Never heard of them but then again I am not an LED guy. Or at least I wasn't. :)

You want to stay away from any LED light that sounds too good to be true. If it costs 150 bucks and they say it replaces a 1000W HPS than that is a red flag. Hopefully PJ will pop in here. I personally would not buy any LED light off of Ebay. jmo

Yea that's why I'm asking the community and I told him the same thing plus it's from china scary stuff .

Can get 2 for $300 the others are $300 each. I run HID so I don't have these problems.

Just want him to not waste $ on junk

Top Led is the company I went with. Tell your friend not to rush and give us some time to dig up some info for you to help him not get robbed.

so you pulled the triger and got one Hampster?......... yall making it hard to wait much longer....... what kind does Mr1 have?........ his grow is rocking on led to.
:48:

Grower13, I have the LG Mars2 900 full spectrum. It is a square light as opposed to rectangular like the reflector models. The difference between mine and lets say Rosebud's is my light has 5watt led's, no switches for grow or bloom, and no reflectors. they both use the same spectrums. You can get bloom only for the Mars2 lights. They will also do custom spectrums as well as install larger drivers if you like, but it will cost more for the light.

Grower13, I have the LG Mars2 900 full spectrum. It is a square light as opposed to rectangular like the reflector models. The difference between mine and lets say Rosebud's is my light has 5watt led's, no switches for grow or bloom, and no reflectors. they both use the same spectrums. You can get bloom only for the Mars2 lights. They will also do custom spectrums as well as install larger drivers if you like, but it will cost more for the light.

Thanks

so you pulled the triger and got one Hampster?......... yall making it hard to wait much longer....... what kind does Mr1 have?........ his grow is rocking on led to.

Yes I pulled the trigger...finally. :)
Should be here in 7-10 days I believe. Just in time as today was the first day we hit 80 and my grow room was quite warm.

Hey Hammy, what are you replacing with your new LED, 400,600?

I am probably going to close my 4x4 tent and do a 2x4x5 tent for Summer Flower. If the specs are accurate that light will cover a 4x4 area. So that would replace both my 600W and 400W HPS.

Yes I pulled the trigger...finally. :)
Should be here in 7-10 days I believe. Just in time as today was the first day we hit 80 and my grow room was quite warm.

thanks

looks like we all are going to learn what these LEDs will do this summer....... green mojo to the LEDs

thanks

looks like we all are going to learn what these LEDs will do this summer....... green mojo to the LEDs

Yes we will....:) I figure even a 2 or 3 plant grow in the Summer is better than no grow at all. It will be quite interesting I am sure getting used to a different type of light source. Learning new things is the Spice of Life though. :D ♫♫♫

I am probably going to close my 4x4 tent and do a 2x4x5 tent for Summer Flower. If the specs are accurate that light will cover a 4x4 area. So that would replace both my 600W and 400W HPS.

I took some measurements and I feel like it can cover a 3x4 area, but 4x4 will be stretching it unless you move the plants a lot.

I took some measurements and I feel like it can cover a 3x4 area, but 4x4 will be stretching it unless you move the plants a lot.

I will most likely only be running 2 maybe 3 plants at most in flower this Summer. I might try and partition off a section in the 4x4 and go like that. Worst case scenario I will have to pull down my other 2x4 tent from the attic and run that. I am just happy to have the chance to grow anything this Summer. Especially my Larry OG cut you were kind enough to get back to me. :D

I will most likely only be running 2 maybe 3 plants at most in flower this Summer. I might try and partition off a section in the 4x4 and go like that. Worst case scenario I will have to pull down my other 2x4 tent from the attic and run that. I am just happy to have the chance to grow anything this Summer. Especially my Larry OG cut you were kind enough to get back to me. :D

If you plan to stick with your current pot size, don't even trip running 6 plants under one fixture. That cut of yours should go close to 2 zips each in that setup.

Been there, rocked that.
;)

If you plan to stick with your current pot size, don't even trip running 6 plants under one fixture. That cut of yours should go close to 2 zips each in that setup.

Been there, rocked that.
;)

Sweet.....that will work. By the winter I will be running two of these lights in the 4x4 and be able to seat 8 or 9 in there since I use 1 gallon pots.

Latest posts

Back