Was scared during curing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buddogmutt

NOT ALLOWED
Reaction score
its been a minute... my jack herer grow is looking great...7 plants remain in tent at 73 days flowering today... starting to really turn amber...less then 40%, but looking great...harvested 3 plants at very first sign of amber....(62nd day of flower less then 5% amber) and just sampled this AM...now back to the title!!!!that damn jar phase scared the livin **** outta me...lol...during that chlorophyll break down stage and the oder it gives...i thought i ruined my 3 ladies...but after the first 8 days of burping it came back slowly(the smell)now i realize as the bud dries you burp less often, and starting at burping twice a day you smell the chlorophyll pretty often....hence the worry..now burping every other day..when i burped this AM...a very pleasant surprise...a glorious aroma!!!! JACK HERER for REAL...had to sample....chopped a bud up...let it sit out for 15 min(chopped)rolled,smoked and had to post...as yall are the only folks who know of my grow..lol..taste,smell and effect all excellent...im totally impressed(first grow)...cant wait to see the high of the 7 i still have going considering ima let them go until 60-70% amber...pics will come at lights on...just a little info for first time jar curing folks out there..if you cure properly...it will smell like crap(wet lawn)the first week of cure so dont worry like i did...just keep it up...slow and steady..

now the info ive read is mixed 50-50 on that topic...ive read the more amber the more narcotic/couchlock the high and some say the more amber the more its degrading(so who to believe) i'd rather find out for self!!!(thats why i did 3 plants with 90-95% milky no clear and very few amber)...now being a sativa i know the genetics of the plant wont change so a sativa = energetic/active high so im assuming the more amber will intencify that effect not change a sativa to a indica effect..Jack Herer is a hybrid with indica qualities so im trying to enhance those(by ambering up)...just learning as i go...FYI the smell is intencifing as is turns more amber so...i figured that was a good thing..

who wants to go through life on the next persons experiences....i prefer to know...and can only learn/know by doing...thats just me....

thanks folks for the congrats.....and nugs i thank you for your input but like i said ima do it my way and learn what i need to know...thanks again....

Congrats.....I am an all cloudy, 5-10 % amber guy myself. I don't let them go longer then 10% amber....personal preference more then anything else.

lol...that seems to be the consensus on the topic...i my take 5 down today and let 2 go for experimentation.....today im around that 5-10%...

PuffinNugs said:
amber is degraded trichs... 10% amber is going to give you the couchlock, even 100% cloudy is still going to give it. a mix of clear/ coudy will give the upper high. liek you said alot is the strain too

once trichs are at pretty much 100% cloudy its peak harvest, once amber starts showing up peak harvest is ending and is starting to degrade.

Puffin, where did you get this info regarding amber trichs?

there's my girl!!!! hemp goddess whats your opinion on the subject at hand???

I do not like couch-lock highs, so never let mine go that far.

Common knowledge....no, common knowledge is that amber trichs are mature, but not degraded. I am not saying that you are wrong, just that I have never heard that amber trichs are degraded until just recently, but really have seen nothing to back it up. So you are saying that the THC turning to CBN is what gives the trich the amber color?

The Hemp Goddess said:
I do not like couch-lock highs, so never let mine go that far.

Common knowledge....no, common knowledge is that amber trichs are mature, but not degraded. I am not saying that you are wrong, just that I have never heard that amber trichs are degraded until just recently, but really have seen nothing to back it up. So you are saying that the THC turning to CBN is what gives the trich the amber color?
this has been my guide through out my grow...this is common knowledge if there was such a thing..there's nothing common to me..this is having to be studied and learned...the common knowledege is learned in school!!! im new to growing..had to learn everything my common knowledge had nothing to do with growing anything let along marijuana..that has sooo many factors(indoors)...common knowledge kills crops...lol..

i just posted that link to show you where i got my info from....and it says amber trichs are mature not degraded...not to disprove your words just to explain mine..and so far the discription has been dead on(with the 3 i harvested with 99% milky and 1% amber...so i can only assume that the more amber the more seditve the effect

PuffinNugs said:
hxxp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabinoids - yes its wiki but lots of good info

and yes thats what i meant by the orangeish/ amber, cbn shines that color, im no scientist but its just what i read at multiple places.

ever notice that when a head breaks off it turns amber? also i use a "kif box" daily and all my cloudy trichs eventaully turn amber on the mirror below. thats why i feel when i smoke that i get that great sleepy time, couch lock high right there.

i cant be the only one that has smoked a plant that was 100% amber way past the pime, thats a personal experiance, that if you have it youll know exactly what im talking about.

I have had different experiences than you. I have never noticed that heads turn amber when they falls off--mine do not do that. In addition, the trichs stuck on the glass jars that I scrape out periodically (LOL--my alternative to a kief box) are not amber either.

The Hemp Goddess said:
I have had different experiences than you. I have never noticed that heads turn amber when they falls off--mine do not do that. In addition, the trichs stuck on the glass jars that I scrape out periodically (LOL--my alternative to a kief box) are not amber either.

Me too. But I use iso to clean them out.

I always thought/read that black trichs were totally degraded?

Oh, and congrats on the harvest! I'd like to know your opinion of the different stages.

so based on that..what u just posted... what im doing is going to cause the effect im looking for...so i dont understand why you said i shouldnt let them go so amber or degrade as u put it..if degragation is what i need to cause the effect i want

thanks.....and so-far what was harvested @ we can say 100% milky is an active high(i find myself finding stuff to do..creative stuff..washing car more like detailing..lol..cleaning house...great for trimming...taste is suprisingly nice...sunday marks 11wks in flower so i'll take 2 down a week til done ending with the last 3 being harvested @13wks...for Jack Herer 10-13wks is harvest time...so 3@10 1/2wks-----2@11wks----2@[email protected]'ll post every step of the way...

This was them @7wks in2 flower

BBFan said:
Me too. But I use iso to clean them out.

I always thought/read that black trichs were totally degraded?

Just read through Clarkes MJ Botany and it seems he says amber trichomes you can see through are not degraded......the ones you can't see through are.
Puffin is spot on about THC degrading to CBN.

Latest posts

Back