Wash Spinosad Off?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Track

Reaction score
So, I sprayed my plants with Spinosad two days ago and so far all the little thrip larvae have seemingly died. They're all scrunched up on the leaves.

Question is - should I spray my plants with water to wash them all off or not? I don't know if it's necessary, but I don't like the idea of having all those dead insects on my buds..

If I should wash them off, should I wait for a few days or do it now?

Thanks.

Aw smoke the little buggers, a little sizzle pop, thrip larvae may be good for you!!

I remember one year I got white flies really really bad. And, it was just before harvest so I didn't spray anything. I just let them breed and waited for the crop to finish. By the time it was mature and I harvested, the plants were so covered with white flies that it looked like White Widow. LMAO

It was kind of weird smoking it but it didn't affect the quality and I am still alive (albeit, a small amount of brain damage. LOL).

It doesn't appear from anything I read that it is supposed to be washed off.

If there was one thing that was drilled into my head in master gardeners for 4 years is to read the label.

I have rinsed my plants off before harvest to get any dust off, but i don't have to worry about PM where I live.

Wouldn't we all be amazed at the stuff we smoked, especially when I was a kid. Paraquat ring a bell??? Sheesh.

The word, "cremation" comes to mind right off. LOL

I don't think my customers will be happy that they're smoking insects..

If there was one thing that was drilled into my head in master gardeners for 4 years is to read the label.

I have rinsed my plants off before harvest to get any dust off, but i don't have to worry about PM where I live.

Wouldn't we all be amazed at the stuff we smoked, especially when I was a kid. Paraquat ring a bell??? Sheesh.

What's Master Gardeners? Is it like Pokemon or something?

What do you mean when you were a kid..? How old are you?

I am 62. Master gardener are a series of classes at the university offered in many states. Then you pay back for your education by working in an extension office fielding callers that need help with their gardens. No, it isn't like pokemon. How old are you Track?

I am 62. Master gardener are a series of classes at the university offered in many states. Then you pay back for your education by working in an extension office fielding callers that need help with their gardens. No, it isn't like pokemon. How old are you Track?

Actually, I'm turning 25 tomorrow. I guess I have no right to be all bummed about it while talking to a 62 year-old.. I suppose if it did have something to do with Pokemon, you'd definitely be a Pokemon Master by now.\

My girlfriend wants to come back to the US for a few months to attend Caesar Milan's Dog Training school.. maybe I'll take up this gardening thing while we're there. I just don't know what to do with our plants :/

You can study all you can right here at MP. There is a rich abundance of learning opportunities right here. The thing i didn't have at 25 is patience. Take it slow. Read everything you can. You will get it if you want it bad enough. Happy birthday tomorrow.

If you live somewhere that is humid, rinsing the plants off can cause mold, mildew, and/or bud rot. These things make the bud unsmokable. I anticipate that by the time you get things harvested and trimmed that a lot of the insects will have fallen off by themselves. I wouldn't be too worried about it. There will probably be far less insect parts in your bud than there is in processed foods.

You can study all you can right here at MP. There is a rich abundance of learning opportunities right here. The thing i didn't have at 25 is patience. Take it slow. Read everything you can. You will get it if you want it bad enough. Happy birthday tomorrow.

Thank you. Hey, you know.. THG is around your age. You guys can get together :)

If you live somewhere that is humid, rinsing the plants off can cause mold, mildew, and/or bud rot. These things make the bud unsmokable. I anticipate that by the time you get things harvested and trimmed that a lot of the insects will have fallen off by themselves. I wouldn't be too worried about it. There will probably be far less insect parts in your bud than there is in processed foods.

Hah. That's a good one.. and probably true.

I did have mold in my buds. I cut it out carefully but it did take about 10g with it..

However, my grow room is 40-50% humidity, so I don't think that's a problem. I do live in a humid place, though. Indoor is usually between 60-65%. I personally hate humidity.

I guess I'll just leave the plants as they are..

Thank you. Hey, you know.. THG is around your age. You guys can get together :)
QUOTE]

LOL--last summer Rosebud and I spent about 4 days together at her place. We discovered that we only live about 6 hours from one another. I went over to visit and help doing some preliminary plumbing work at her and Mr. RB's place and of course to sample everything Rosebud had in her stash...and then some. Track, you would probably be amazed at how much fun us old ladies had when we got together--I would put our smoking ability right up with the best of you young whippersnappers.

Lets face it, we met our match THG... I thought i would smoke you under the table...I was wrong... next time we will have to see who quits first... Loved having you here. A great memory.

Latest posts

Back