Washington (state) lawmakers propose allowing pot growing at home

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7greeneyes

MedicalNLovingIt!
Reaction score
http://q13fox.com/2015/03/20/washington-lawmakers-propose-allowing-pot-growing-at-home/

Washington (state) lawmakers propose allowing pot growing at home

OLYMPIA, Wash. (AP) — Washington lawmakers have proposed a bill that would allow anyone 21 years old or older to grow as many as six marijuana plants at home.

The bill was proposed Thursday by Sen. Jeanne Kohl-Welles, D-Seattle, in the Senate and Rep. Brian Blake, D-Aberdeen, in the house.

The Seattle Times reports the measure would also allow people to legally share the pot they grow and to possess up to eight ounces, which is seven more than the current recreational limit.

The proposal was part of another bill earlier this year that lost momentum when lawmakers turned their attention to a competing proposal by Ann Rivers, R-La Center, to overhaul the marijuana market.

Kohl-Welles attempted to amend that bill with a home-growing provision but did not get enough votes.

I wish that they would just stop with all of this idiotic nonsense and treat mj like roses or celery.

7G, thank you for posting this. How are you doing? I hope ok. miss ya around here.

What do you think of this for washington...am i paranoid to think they are going to do this and then stop the medical? I hope not.

Im so jealous. Texas MJ laws suck.

7G, thank you for posting this. How are you doing? I hope ok. miss ya around here.

What do you think of this for washington...am i paranoid to think they are going to do this and then stop the medical? I hope not.

I'm doing real well. My overall health has improved quite a bit since my nephrostomy tract has finally developed (sorry kinda gross but the truth). Was scheduled to have my dialysis access surgery last Thursday but it turned out I had a UTI which I need to get rid of, so we're focused on that atm.

My last prerequisite by the Transplant committee is to get my two ulcerated foot wounds healed. They've been using something called Grafix, which is some sort of embryonic stem cell patch, that grows skin...it's very funky but cool. Back in the day they would of had to graft skin from my back or wherever they could find unscarred skin but now they just apply the Grafix stem cell collagen matrix and let it grow new skin...the Future Is Now....lol...

How's Rose and Mr. Rosebud doing? Well, I hope. :)

We are both doing well. Mr rb is so much better now than he was when he quit work. I am thankful, and thank you for asking. I think about you and wonder how it is going. Stay strong my friend. So good to hear from you.

How do you think things would change the medical part of the law? What do you think the ramifications would be if they did. The laws are changing so fast that I really foresee that it is going to be legal to grow (with restrictions) sometime in the not too far away future.

I really think the laws should be that everyone has the right to grow at home. Kind of like making wine or liquor. You can make it in limited quantities, but you cannot sell it without a license. Enough for personal use. I would love to see that happen.

THG, the medical in wa is: (1)(a) The qualifying patient or designated provider possesses no more than fifteen cannabis plants and:

(i) No more than twenty-four ounces of useable cannabis;

That would be the difference. And if we are making meds, we need that much, just saying.

Thanks--just not familiar enough with Wa laws to understand what the impact would be. I would hope that there would be special rules for medical, probably as there are for micro breweries.

I believe everyone should have the right to propagate and bloom cannabis, no matter what...

:ciao: Hey HempGoddess! I hope you're doing well!

counting mothers and clones, 6 plants is not enough. 12 plants will not start a cartel

Latest posts

Back