Water in my hash oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A few days ago I was making a couple of small batches of iso hash. I was trying to solidify the syrupy goo I had in one tray by adding some good keif. Seemed to work very well. I ended up with a gram of hardened hash that I can place a chunk at a time on a bowl load. Oh, I also pressed the final product by dusting it with keif then placing the disk between two pieces of parchment paper and using an iron at about half the heat setting. I like the way it came out, except now I got a cheap vape pen and the hard stuff is not as workable as an oil would be.

Anyways, as I was working on this, I had another batch drying. It had dried completely before I had a chance to scrape it into a ball, so I added a little more iso, then scraped it to one side, and left it outside to finish drying the second time. I left town for the day, and it decided to rain, filling my drying tray with water! My dark brown tar became a milky light brown color. I poured off the water and left it in the tray. It is still a creamy light brown color. Is this okay? Is there a process to extract the moisture or is that even necessary?

100_0482_800x600.JPG

Not much here and it is hard to see the creamy light brown appearance. I got all of the little chunks together. Will allow to dry some more today in the warm air.

"Problem" solved! I just lumped the light colored oil into a ball and worked it like taffy, squeezing all the water out as I folded it in on itself. It got harder and turned out the darker brown I was expecting. Instead of using keif to harden it up this time I think I will leave this as a softer ball. The harder hash is difficult to work with in my vape pen and I am thinking a softer wax will be easier to vape.

Latest posts

Back