Water Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bho_expertz

Aloha from Hell
Reaction score
Hi MPers,

Have a problem/question.

The values of my tap water are: PH 7.4, EC 0.36

The values of my tap water after some days rest are: PH 7.5, EC 0.47

Also i'm having for the first time problems with calcium/magnesium in the plants that i have in the vegetative stage. This i don't know if caused by the water or by changing the brand of the soil. That was a very very stupid move :doh:

What water should i use ?

Well I know a ph of 7.0 is neutral. As for your drift it may probably be your new soil...

What's the medium? Brand that is...?

The ph of my tap water seems to vary over the course of the year...last winter it was 7.8 out the tap. This spring the water has been 7.1 out of the tap. I am a soil grower so I don't check ppm. I always check the ph from the tap with my ph meter then add ph down till I hit 6.5. Then I let the water sit for a day and recheck the ph....if it has drifted I readjust the ph.

The soil that i'm using is from Atami. EcoGrow Mix. I think that you guys don't have that in that side of the pound. It is less fertilized then the one i being using.

My issue is more from the EC point of view. It isn't strange it goes up ? Does the Chlorine evaporation raise the EC/ppm ?

Thanks guys :aok:

Latest posts

Back