Water or not? Darkness before harvesting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharonp

Reaction score
I have a couple questions about right before harvesting. Do you stop watering and why? I have read weed is better if you let the plant get dry before harvesting. I have also read some people leave the plants in the dark but that is hard to do if you have to move it. My plants are to big for that.

I water mine untill i harvest. Not drying my girl out untill i harvest. To each his own. I want her wet and sticky..😁
Thanks! There is so much information that people copy and paste onto the next website.

It's going to be a preference, there isn't a conclusive advantage to either. I like to flush, so the soil is generally wet when I harvest, but I don't water within a couple days of harvest.

You don't have to leave your plants in the dark, but you will want to harvest them towards the end of their normal lights out period. Many people chop an hour or so before the lights usually come on.

I flush 10 days from harvest and water up until they spend the last 48 hrs in total darkness then harvest. So many growers with so many ways of doing things. One thing, the good growers always turn out a good product no mater how they do it. And we are all stuck in our own ways.

I appreciate everyone's answers. I have made it this far and my plants are still getting some clear trichomes on the lower branches. It even looks like there are some more bud sites showing up.

Latest posts

Back