water temperture and plant shock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SKAGITMAGIC

At what low temperture would you think watering "shocks" the plant?? Room temperture varies in my grow room!! The water on my bottom shelf is about 64 degrees the middle shelf 72, upper shelf about 80, I always use the upper shelf water and rotate upwards, as it warms I guess any crap the city may add evaporates, or it's suppose to. I've never had it tested except PH. with my room temps around 78,at the top of the canopy, they seem to like there water at around the same. In my opinion anything under 72 may shock them.

P1120739.JPG

P1120737.JPG

I have heard 62 and below will shock them. Never really looked into it though. Good question.

I always use tepid water from my own well, never pure cold, although I haven't a clue of the actual temp. It's a a little alkaline but tastes great and does not contain any chlorine or chloramines. Also, it's light that breaks down those chemicals things not the temp.

I feed consistently with water temp around 65-72 with no issues.

I store my water in the Shed to keep it the same temps as the Rooms...never really checked the temps..but I know the rain water I use is very cold and would never use it like that...Sortta like takeing a COLD Shower...things shrivle up:giggle:

:ciao: SKAGIT

I asked my buddy who now owns a grow shop and has done a lot of large scale grows in the past about this last year and he said that 82 degrees was the optimal temp for roots to work with and be the most productive. This is by no means a fact but it is something that I always remember and go by.

I feed my made up nutes from reservoir and its pretty cold tbh so probably shocking my plants some.
T4

maineharvest said:
I asked my buddy who now owns a grow shop and has done a lot of large scale grows in the past about this last year and he said that 82 degrees was the optimal temp for roots to work with and be the most productive. This is by no means a fact but it is something that I always remember and go by.

Sorry I dont agree with 82f...that is too hot

maineharvest said:

Thats why I always use the top shelf water, it's close to 80 degrees!!in the winter my floor temps drop drastically I know those 80 temps are what makes my girls happiest, I started this thread to help new growers, get to that optimum level of growing, everything seems to count in the long run, but it amazes me when I see the actual difference in water temps, It's important for me to use a thermometer once in a while, the floor water's cold!!! I've got my pot's elevated onto 18 gallon tubs also, full of perking, NC SUPERSOIL!! It get them off the floor into a little warmer zone. Hey, speaking of the supersoil, I've just been kinda chopping and restirring the alfalfa roots, killing them and mulching the remains with a little very short handled hoe!!,, anyway, I'm home alone for a week, probably getting Higher than I should lol, When MOM'S away!!!
Should it be BOMB'S away, Man the work is endless, and I get stuck on here reading almost 80 repies of the real weed wars, it got so weird I even checked my own user cp,,my rep!!, dudes, XYZ ??? the girl who thinks Can. men are Mad Sexy, blue braces,her, she likes my avatar!! I'm 45 miles south of the line!! I'm close, HMMM, I at a lost for words, what would be one word oposites for MAD SEXY,new word game!!! hey my lights, came on and nobodys home, gonna go check some temps. oh ya, hit that big fatty again!!

4u2sm0ke said:
Sorry I dont agree with 82f...that is too hot

You could be totally right for all I know. My ph pen has a thermometer on it but I very rarely look at it. I just keep my water on a top shelf like Skag and it is kept at room temp.

My water that the plants seem to thrive on is right at 78, I've never grown hydro!! wonder what the perfect temps are in a solution.

my water is at my houses room temp not the grow room temp, so this time of year im watering with water around 72 F

In the basement, I water straight from the tap which comes straight from the well (pre-softener), this stuff is cold. I've not seen an issue...

19c in hydro thats what i always used i often wondered why i went back to pots.
Lol
T4

I got curious about this and went to the General Hydroponics website, and according to their recommendations 75*f is ideal temp for water/solution in hydro. I would suspect the same for soil.

I also noticed a while back that I was having some trouble with my cuttings taking off in the cloner. I noticed that it was sitting directly in line with the ac, so I checked the temps and found the cloner water at about 67-70*f. I put the tank heater in it and set it for 77*f and now the clones are rooting like mad again. :)

Latest posts

Back