Water temps?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes, if to cold will not grow. I try to keep mine at 65-68 degrees

How warm is too warm? I noticed that my "EZ-cloner" tank had water at 90*f. My partner had the lights on full blast, right down on the cuttings. I backed it up to about 2' above the cloner tank and the temp went down to 85*f. My partner couldn't understand why the cuttings were yellowing/browning on the leaf edges. I told him that he was burning them up. What should hydro water temp be ideally? clone tank tank temp?

According to Rosenthal's Closet Cultivator, roots do best in the mid-70s F. When I do hydro I keep the tank around 74-77 F using an aquarium heater. Water carries less oxygen at a warmer temp so add a bubbler to the tank.

Mid 70s are good, coolers better then hotter, root rot sucks

Cool, thanks for the answers to all :)

What would be concidered too cold water in hydro?

Mine are now just below 18celcius/64.4fahrenheit.

I keep my res at 65...outside the g-room. Medium warms up for a few hours between floods and when solution pumps in it hits the roots at around 70. I'm not sure if your DWC or if you have a seperate res. Personally, I find things do much better if nutetemp ranges from 65-70.

68* is what i read that holds the most dissolved oxygen. my chiller gets set at 66-70.

Latest posts

Back