Water

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pussum

Reaction score
So the thought occured to me today. I bought some steam distilled drinking water for the humidifyer I have in my grow chamber. I was wondering, would it be ok to water the plants with that same water or should I keep watering with just regular filtered water?

pussum said:
So the thought occured to me today. I bought some steam distilled drinking water for the humidifyer I have in my grow chamber. I was wondering, would it be ok to water the plants with that same water or should I keep watering with just regular filtered water?

I use rod(reverse osmosis de-ionized). having only 2-3 ppm of total dissolved solids, it is easier to maintain a stable balance in the res. :cool:

Hick said:
.. can you define "regular"?..

I was just going off what the jugs said. One says premium distilled drinking water and the other one, the one that I was using before just says filtered drinking water.

pussum said:
I was just going off what the jugs said. One says premium distilled drinking water and the other one, the one that I was using before just says filtered drinking water.

as long as nothing was added to the distilled drinking water it should be ok. I've used tap water to great sucess, but i was constantly adjusting for mineral content and ph. with distilled, I dont have to adjust the nutes.

I've used tap water to great sucess, but i was constantly adjusting for mineral content and ph. with distilled, I dont have to adjust the nutes.

I'm not too experienced with hydroponics..
Do you mean that your reservoir PH fluctuates more with tap water, or that you have to adjust the PH when refilling?
And what do you mean adjusting for mineral content?
:)

King Bud said:
I'm not too experienced with hydroponics..
Do you mean that your reservoir PH fluctuates more with tap water, or that you have to adjust the PH when refilling?
And what do you mean adjusting for mineral content?
:)

When you use tap water that water has sediment and a lot of time calcium buildup and what not in it. If you take a look at a glass of water from the tap you sometimes see stuff floating in it. Those are all the deposits from the water pipes and what not that builds up over time. It is natural and safe to an extent, but your MJ plants don't like it very much sometimes.

Latest posts

Back