Watering plants throu sand .. after gnats ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smeg

Reaction score
hi all

i had fungus gnats , not seen any for a while now .
i put tape traps up and scooped out the top 1-1.5 inches of coco and watered the top inch with Tanlin Concentrate , i then topped the buckets of with washed sand.
ive been watering them from the bottom using saucer's for about 2 weeks now

my question is ... do you think im ok to give them a proper soak now , can i water then from the top , thuo the sand ..
thanks for any comments / advice
Smeg

Yes yual can water through the sand I be doin it fur years. I fill my pots full of my soil and put 2 inches of sand on the soil after my seedlins are about 2 week old and leave the sand until done keeps all the critters away.

BWD

BackWoodsDrifter said:
Yes yual can water through the sand I be doin it fur years. I fill my pots full of my soil and put 2 inches of sand on the soil after my seedlins are about 2 week old and leave the sand until done keeps all the critters away.

BWD

Agreed,, only I'm doing same with only a half inch. ;)

thanks guys .... i just wanted to be sure ....;)

canon said:
Agreed,, only I'm doing same with only a half inch. ;)

Yup still works I use deeper cause i find in time after dozens of waterins the sand gets displaced and soil starts bubblin up through ifin it aint to deep so I be makin bit deeper to avoid it but sand is sand and any amount be better then no amount. Good luck yur trails pilgrem.

BWD

Latest posts

Back