Watering question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GREENIE_420

Reaction score
I live close to a lake (lakeview) I have gutters and can easily store rain water but the water from the gutters has a brown tint to it from the leaves in the gutter. Could this possibly make it better for the plants? they are oak leaves. If not I will clean the gutter. but which is better lake,rain, distilled, or bottled? Also I am a experienced vegetable grower, I learned that gatorade or powerade is real good for plants but who could afford it? I'm not talking every time you water either, about every other or third. MJ is special, she can have gatorade if she wants too! Will it be bad for them here and there?:D

I cannot answer your question about oak leaves and rain water, but I can tell you that Gatorade is not beneficial to plants. In addition to no real benefits, the sugar in the product will most likely draw bugs and other insects.

i'd vote for the rain. lake water can bring in all manner of bacteria which exists happily outdoors but gets mad inside, and is usually going to bring algae in as well. i am not a fan of processed water, but thats just me. others swear by it.

the brown tinge to the water from the leaves may easily settle out if left alone, it will settle at the bottom of rain barrels sometimes. or you could filter it. probably coming from tiny leaf particles floating in solution.

all right, thanks I got the rainwater yesterday in a 5 gallon cooler It will last for weeks and weeks probably months. I need to keep it cooled right? It will stagnate if it sits, it is sealed but it can't last very long will it? If I freeze a gallon jug of it for an icecube I would have to change it out every 3-4 days to keep it cold continuously, wich is easier than collecting it when it rains.

i dunno about cooling it. rain water in an outdoor barrel is not cooled and does just fine.

The last place I lived had really bad water and we collected rain in 55 gal barrels. We never cooled it.

Never had 5 gallons of water last me weeks or months when growing mj, but just keep the light out of it and there will be no need to keep it cool

Also I am a experienced vegetable grower, I learned that gatorade or powerade is real good for plants but who could afford it? I'm not talking every time you water either, about every other or third. MJ is special, she can have gatorade if she wants too!

It's got what plants crave!

brawndo01.gif

Latest posts

Back