Watering seedlings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can clone pretty much anywhere. I put mine under a couple of 23 watt cfls(for 6-10 clones). Can put them in a box in a closet. I have kept clones in a stunted state(no nutes, just the cfl lighting, not begging just keeping them alive waiting to go to veg) for a couple of months because I was waiting for my flowering plants to finish.
I never thought of that. That's a good idea. I have a bedroom here that's not being used and my hydro system is for 4 plants so it wouldn't be no problem. I'm thinking I could get 4 more hydro baskets fill with clay pellets and use the small rockwool cubes for the cuttings. If I can slow their growth down I would then place the baskets into the hydro buckets. I could probably cut holes in a piece of plywood to put over the baskets to protect the roots from the light until they're ready.

It's a good cloner -- I was in dirt over 5 years ago and got knats and didn't know what to do at the time so I got an aero cloner cut the plants up and put them in the cloner -- ended up adding nutes and just stuck with it -- Looks like U got enough room to divide the grow or put in a grow tent -- I was running a 4 part rotation of 60 day finishers -- Every 2 weeks a group gets moved to bloom from veg - After 2 months they start coming out of bloom every 2 weeks -- I ran a white widow over and over for about 5 years !-- I got sloppy and lost her to bugs !
Gotta have a veg and bloom but it works great long as veg can keep up with bloom -- I'll probably keep this system for cloning and early veg and may switch to a drip and drain or spray and drain system !-- Not sure yet !
The room I grow in is big enough to split in two. The problem is its a room within a room. There's no window's. It gets to hot in the summer. After this crop I was planning on taking this room down and building one on the other side that has a window so I can use an air conditioner. I tried growing 5 plants in soil last summer. I had 6 fans going and couldn't get the temp below 90 degrees. They were ruined. Lol

Does anybody know what's wrong with these? I'm ready to pull the plug. The ph, temperature is right . The leaves curl up and down. They have grey spots on the lower leaves. The top leaves have light green areas. They're a mess. I turned the 1000wt HPS off to take the picks. They're hard to see. I put these seedlings in the hydro system Tuesday. 4 plants. View attachment 251677
View attachment 251678 View attachment 251679 View attachment 251680

JJ how close is that light, that is big power on seedlings . I start mine under a smaller one and move to the bigger light once they are established and growing healthy
You are not feeding full strengh are you?

JJ how close is that light, that is big power on seedlings . I start mine under a smaller one and move to the bigger light once they are established and growing healthy
It's probably 2 feet away. I added nutes yesterday. It's not full strength though. I'm going to turn the light to 75% power

I just turned the light down. I just noticed the humidity is 22%.I thought the hydro system would bring it up. It did at first now it's back down.

I grew a hydro crop back in 1989 and it seemed so simple back then. Back then I even went out of town to work for 2 weeks with everything on a timer . Best weed around at the time. I grew Northern Lights 5 x Skunk 1 hybrid. I don't know what they call that seed now.

I knw with Hydro you need to get the nutes dialed in and the ph on point 5.5-5.7 is what I shoot for in coco/perlite
I was never a big fan of the glass cubes

I knw with Hydro you need to get the nutes dialed in and the ph on point 5.5-5.7 is what I shoot for in coco/perlite
I was never a big fan of the glass cubes
My ph is between 5.6 and 6.0. A couple times it went to 7 but I brought it back down. I think the light is my problem. I just noticed the top leaves are up. A good sign. I'll give it until the end of the day and see .

My ph is between 5.6 and 6.0. A couple times it went to 7 but I brought it back down. I think the light is my problem. I just noticed the top leaves are up. A good sign. I'll give it until the end of the day and see .
The old leaf damage will not heal it will always be that way
Only new leaf growth will be improved
Keep it simple Kiss Dont over think it

The old leaf damage will not heal it will always be that way
Only new leaf growth will be improved
Keep it simple Kiss Dont over think it
Yeah I'll trim the damaged leaves off after they grow a little more. It's just a wait and see now. Lol I know you're not a hydro guy but I didn't know where else to turn but I'm thinking like you said the light might've been to strong. I did have it pretty close. After you mentioned it I went down and measured the height. 15 inches lol to low. It's up at 3ft now at 75%power.

If they are 3 weeks old they definitely need some food by now. I am strictly a soil grower so I don't know a lot about Hydro. In soil establishing a good wet-dry cycle is key. Obviously, that does not translate to Hydro. Good luck and Green Mojo.

If they are 3 weeks old they definitely need some food by now. I am strictly a soil grower so I don't know a lot about Hydro. In soil establishing a good wet-dry cycle is key. Obviously, that does not translate to Hydro. Good luck and Green Mojo.
I went down this morning they continued to look like crap so I pulled the plugs. They were getting worse. I'm done with it.

Latest posts

Back