Watering ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honest al

Reaction score
Starting to flush today , and wondering if I can totally submerge the plant and pot in a bucket of water for a minute or two ? Growing indoors and approximately 7 days to go . Good or bad idea ?

thought the point of flushing was to rinse nutes from the top of the pot thru the drain holes---submerging seems it would just water log the plant---i don't flush and never bought into the theory of it anyway so good luck with that---7 days to harvest wooohooo

Never flushed anything but the toilet.;)
But i would never submerge my girl with big buds.

No, I wouldn't submerge it/them. Pour water through them instead. If I remember right the standard is like 3x the amount of your pot size. So if you have a 3 gallon pot you want to run a total of 9 gallons through for a thorough flush. Which as I understand it is more about the removal of salts from your medium than anything else. So if you're not using a salt based nutrient(s) (EDTA) then it's not necessary. Some would argue that it's not anyway but I usually switch to just water and molasses for the last couple weeks if I'm using a watered in nutrient system. If using an organic soil mix they're pretty much just getting those two anyway...for the most part at least.

Good luck!

No, I wouldn't submerge it/them. Pour water through them instead. If I remember right the standard is like 3x the amount of your pot size. So if you have a 3 gallon pot you want to run a total of 9 gallons through for a thorough flush. Which as I understand it is more about the removal of salts from your medium than anything else. So if you're not using a salt based nutrient(s) (EDTA) then it's not necessary. Some would argue that it's not anyway but I usually switch to just water and molasses for the last couple weeks if I'm using a watered in nutrient system. If using an organic soil mix they're pretty much just getting those two anyway...for the most part at least.

Good luck!
Got it , thanks .

Latest posts

Back