Watering?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speero_m

Traditional
Reaction score
guts i have ssen some posts about watering....and my question is i alqays water my plants 2 min at a time untill it is drained completely...meaning i water untill water starts running out the bottom...so the salt does not accumulate in the bottom....should i do it differently?????:confused:

Your doing it right. I was taught to give it clean water till you see run-off wait 10 min. to let the roots awaken then give it your nutes. that way the soil sokes everything up like a sponge and distributes evenly and there's no shock to the roots when given the nutes. Just how I was taught. But You'll get different opinions from others here. I just know it works for me and I've been doin it for 10 yrs...:cool:

So you end up watering your plant every time you feed it? I would think you would be using a very diluted fert mix because I have to water my plants almost every day.

I use clean water everytime because I don't want to over fertilize it. By using clean water first you know you are flushing out all extra salts. Then 10-15 min later you know when you add the fertilizer that is all she has. No build up. Always works for me and I get the plant to accept a strong dosage of ferts......;)

If you have a small pot and your roots are bound then you will always be watering daily. My plants always end up in 5 gallon buckets.......;)

Yeah, that's one of the many things I have learned this first grow. It's one of those "next time I'll do this" things, which are so important in becoming a grower of killer plants.

I used fairly small 1-1/2 gallon round pots and should have also put more soil in them also. My plants are a month away from harvest and I already have some decent buds. I borrowed a 1000 watt hps light so I'm sure that really helped them grow. My five plants should yield around 6-7 ounces from what I have read and estimated. They are 3-4 feet tall and have many (over 25 on one) flowers blooming.

I just hope I don't blow it before they mature...lol.

Donnyboyrocks said:
My five plants should yield around 6-7 ounces from what I have read and estimated. They are 3-4 feet tall and have many (over 25 on one) flowers blooming.

Noooice, sounds good!

Latest posts

Back