Weed Road Trip!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i was thinking a QP each for trading purposes along the way to mix it up a bit

My son has agreed to go along, not that I doubted he would lol. I'm already making plans on having the garden tended to, can't just shut down. I'm ordering mapping software that'll help in planning as well as fit into the PN60....I think this will be a go!

Would I rather be doing a month-long climbing expedition in the Red Rock/Mt Charleston area of Vegas??? Sure, but I don't think that's feasible with this body lol. I am used to doing the long, crazy stunts such as this, I rode from Yellowstone N.P. back home to here in Michigan several years back....on my mountain bike lol! The craziest part there was passing the buffalo walking down the opposing lane of traffic on my trek through Yellowstone itself, this happened twice lol!

OK, looking more and more like this kayak trip is a GO! Am in contact with the coordinator for the MI State Parks, working on some publicity, lodging etc...I have a very good relationship with our state park's reps and know this will be a big help for both of us!

Wondering, I've done a few fund raising events (Yellowstone to MI on mountain bike for Homes For Our Troops, a bike ride for cancer awareness etc) and am planning on making this a fund raiser as well...but who for? At this point, I am open to ideas...but this has to be figured out fast so I can get the ball rolling on that aspect! I'm gonna do it, maybe it'll make some money for someone in need (cancer research, maybe??) And no, not going to promote MMJ as the state park wouldn't help if I did!

I have a DeLorme with SPOT (safety beacon, of sorts), this device allows me to keep in contact regardless of phone or internet connection (satellite), map my progress in real time and to log daily messages on FB or wherever. This will be a great tool which will really make this trip fun for anyone wanting to follow along from home!

I am really getting stoked on this, should be great fun...anyone interested in joining?? :D

Have a meeting with the state parks coordinator this morning, we'll see what we can work out! Plans for making a calendar of our pictures as well as a few other fund raising plans are being thrown around, we'll talk more about this with the coordinator and see what we can figure out!

This should be great fun, even if it's not a true "road trip" LMAO

Really am doubting the state parks would appreciate me promoting NORML either lol.

After a nice chat with the parks coordinator, I think we're gonna have a lot of fun with this! I am confident there will be plenty of land support from them and other sources (kayak clubs, caching groups and friends etc) to be able to make this an easy go! Although we'll be spending most our time on water, we will definitely have to restock on food supplies etc, so land travel will be needed in many places! When asked what plans I have in case of an emergency or problems arise...I'll never be more than 400 or so miles from home, it's not that big a deal to get help if really needed!

Likewise, sounds like nightly accommodations will be fairly easy to work out, the state parks along the way will provide much of our nightly camping needs, the harbors along the way will also be of great help!

My first thoughts of fund raising targets would be maybe cancer (lost my dad to, have signs of and know many friends with), but we'll see what comes up. Last time I did a cancer awareness raiser, it was like pulling teeth to even be able to display a certain cancer org's name...while I'm happy to help, I'm not out to make it a job!

Roddy, that sounds like a blast! I have always wanted to paddle the Apostle Islands. I love big adventures like yours. A buddy of mine backpacked the entire Appalachian trail solo. Have fun and be safe out there. It sounds like you know what you are doing. I here the weather/waves in the great lakes are worse than the Atlantic, and just about any big water out there.

Latest posts

Back