Weed Wars on Discovery Channel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear ya Hero, but that is real life for sure. It is a Industry owned by Stoners, and ran by Stoners.

That is why I am happy with the show, it really was reality, take it or leave it. If you don't think that the folks running all these MMJ businesses are toking up daily, think again.

They had nothing to hide, which was great.

Dress..well my friends, this is Cali and that is the Bay Area. Freaks abound, but Dress does his job,and does it well.

funny i watched it last night too---typical city council shakedown---always changing the rules midstream and never held responsible for what they say---pay up or close up---bunch of thieves---also, picked up on the fact that that retired re agent was told he was the only one getting 4k/p---never been to harborside, but will be putting it on my places to visit next time i am in the bay area---didn't realize that this is a series---when is the next one on

thanks rosebud---gonna update the micro and br x ogk pics---check it out

I think they are pretty much showing it like it is -- very interesting

I fell asleep, I'm sure there will be reruns or on demand,does this place sell seeds? Harborside? wonder if they'd honor a out of state endorsement? wanna get me some larry!! At least taste it!!

funny you mention the seeds skag---they did show a briefcase being loaded into the vault containing seeds---no mention if it was their personal stash or if they were for sale---they sell clones---so my guess is why not

Off subject a little NorCalHal i had dinner last night with two pals who you have met and they are both quality marijuana enthusiasts and although they both grow top notch stuff did mention you are one cool fella who grows the dankest dank they have ever tasted so hats off to ya sir.
T4

just watched it on youtube yesterday. the main thing i truly care about the show being is a vehicle for the pro-marijuana movement. after seeing it i have hopes it can be that. i thought overall it was good and put a pretty good light on the industry although i agree with NCH, could have hid dress. i guess these types of "characters" add to the show. its like pawn stars, its bald-headed slicked-back hair tattoo-sleeve guys who are loud and brash who you would expect to be the typical pawn store owners. so who does everyone think are the typical dispensary store owners? hippy stoners who never stopped being hippys or stoners. even steve has his own odd character who isnt the typical man heading a multimillion dollar company. although steve seems really smart and like he has a really good head on his shoulders. i couldnt believe when they went to that hearing about the IRS and it was like one other guy and dress, and i'm sitting here like these guys are idiots. The future of their company hinges on this ruling and they have a santa-bearded hippy wearing a dress to represent your company. and he wasnt even speaking so i dont know what his purpose was. i first thought it would have been better if it was more "normal" type people representing the industry on the show so america could look at it and say 'hey these are just normal people doing this type of stuff.' but then i thought it could be beneficial having these characters so america can look at it and say 'hey these hippy stoners are really smart and really good business men too.'

Time4Plan-B said:
Off subject a little NorCalHal i had dinner last night with two pals who you have met and they are both quality marijuana enthusiasts and although they both grow top notch stuff did mention you are one cool fella who grows the dankest dank they have ever tasted so hats off to ya sir.
T4

AWESOME T4! I'm glad you got to hook up with them! I know who they are.
Great folks, I hope you guys have fun!

It's a tough call Ross. Like I said bro, that IS our industry, take it or leave it. By stoners, for stoners. Folks just don't realize a guy in a dress can run a business I guess. Judgemental folks out there for sure. I am sure this was a negetive to alot of folks....like New Girl lol.
One great point the show made that alot of folks missed is the fact that MMJ businesses are under attact from cities and the State to cough up money like it was water.

Yes had good night nch showing them the delights/sights of my part of the u.k.
T4

anyone see the marijuana gold rush hour long show on nat geo? great show

i understand that's the industry, but i mean how dumb do you have to be to not realize that there are judgemental people out there especially in politics and that not everybody is going to react positively to seeing a grown man wearing a dress? If that ruling was as important as they made it out to be, why would they do anything that could potentially have a negative impact on the outcome? Even if one of them was secretly down with men in dresses, they were voting and there is peer pressure among the panel to not alienate themselves from the group and side with the hippy freak wearing a dress. I understand its the bay area so it might be more tolerated, but even if theres a small chance someone will be judgemental, why do it?

My whole take on the MJ industry is kinda weird, I really like these guys flaunting there wares on TV, give's the Feds something to look at, possibly a future target,that dress would look real nice in Pleasanton!!!! Just knowing that Santa Rita could be in my future would keep me out of this industry in Alameda County, all I want to do is grow my own meds and be left alone. If I wasn't in my 60s I'm sure I'd have a different attitude,

That one fellows plants were jacked up. I wonder how many other people are getting hit by the bug they were talking about.

I agree with skag........ not sure I'd come out of the colset as a grower even if it were legal.......... I just want to be left alone by everyone to grow my herb......... btw I saw the guy from the show on Bill Oriely's show the other night....... he didn't want to talk about what his pay is......... 20 million a year plus no telling how much under the table....... mj is big business....... that may hurt us in the future.

^ agree'd, I wouldn't let ppl know I grew, Knowing our luck, EVERYONE would come out the grow closet and DEA/FED's would flip laws and smash us.. jmo.

More people coming out of the grow closet = more money and drugs for DEA/GOV to use/sell for their own personal fundings.

New episode coming up tonight. I like this show even more now that I hear it is actually real and not just made for TV (like most the so called reality shows). Thanks NCH for the insider info

Latest posts

Back