Weed Wars on Discovery Channel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SKAGITMAGIC

I see the discovery channels gonna do a documentary or whatever on TV tonight about the worlds biggest MJ dispensary,in Oakland I guess!! 10 PM, I'm gonna watch

Gots Me :bong: and control of the remote:D

I am looking for it on my internet channels I use to watch TV. Haven't found anyone streaming it yet.

All in all, I am happy with the show. Like it or not, that IS our industry.

Dude paying 1900 a month in electrical is reaching for sure. Harborside paying 4k is reaching too. Now every fool in Cali is going to grow "Sour and Sage or whatever dude had.haha.

It was cool seeing cloning on National TV. The Budtenders garden sure sucked...bad. Throw it all away.

Andrew...well....thats Andrew for sure...permastoned.

Dress.....Ya.....could have hid him away for the show.....

Again, I was happy with the portrayal. Everyone thinks that ALL dispensaries are out to make millions and this goes to show how Millions ain't that much nowadays. Being legit sucks.

I recorded this along with a couple other shows to watch while I trimmed today. Was pretty interesting to learn how some of the legal side of growing works.

Hey norcal do i sense some bitterness in your comments?
We are not all blessed with the opportunity to grow massive amounts of weed legally and i for one if i could would for profit without any issues with my karma biting me on the ***.
When you state someone is a pimp surely you are as a medi grower are not any different you grow for profit otherwise why would you do it.
Not being condescending with my comments just my perception of your post.
T4

All Good Time4.

No bitterness at all. I give De Angelo, well Steve at least, Full credit for doing the show and putting himself out there. He stated Harbor brought in 21 mil last year and the dude has nothing to hide.

He truly cares about people and will fight to the bitter end.

You gotta understand our Laws man. We are not allowed to "Profit", but we are allowed Wages, if that makes sense. We can legally claim up to 12K a month as Wages for time and efforts running a collective, be it a growing collective or a store front dispensary collective.

So, when folks think we are making a profit, it is technically "wages".

Apologies NorCalHal i didnt realise your laws at all just thought grow loads sell and reap the rewards.
I now understand and 12k seems a lot but ive also seen your set up and running costs so not a massive amount like i imagined.
T4

You have to look at how Non-Profits are ran. The folks running the Non-Profits are , of course, allowed to earn wages, otherwise, who would run non- profits?
United Way is a Non-Profit...I am sure the folks that run United Way make a cool living.....same principal.

I work in the Non profit sector (not a medical MJ. company) and frankly, there are a lot of people working for non profits that make a lot of money. I know people (not in our agency) that do quite well. There are a lot of ways around a base "salary". In addition to their salary, they also are allowed to "consult" on the side for the same agency they work for. They can charge upwards of $150 an hour for consulting fees while still taking home a fairly good salary. Not to mention outstanding benefits, company cars, retirement plans, etc.

I am not saying that all non profits are run like this, but just like Wall Street, there is some level of corruption going on. I make a very modest living, but I am only middle management. I'm sure our Executive Director does fairly well.

Back to "Weed Wars". I missed the first episode, but have my DVR set up to record all new episdoes from here on out. Looking forward to seeing how the "big" boys do it in Cali. It is a fairly new industry here in Maine and a lot of folks are profiting from it. I don't know anyone getting "rich" legally, but there are definitively people out there paying their bills, buying groceries for their family, and even have a little left over for a vacation all from growing legally.

MC

I thought the show was interesting but the way they portrayed many of the workers in the store smoking or eating edibles wasnt as I might have wanted my dispensary portrayed on national television. The only profesional looking man was the guy who grew the bad crop.. He seemed fairly profesional.. and who the heck was dress? ok I mean to each his own but with this all being new and millions of veiwers who might already be predjudice against MMJ why would I want to portray my show with the majority getting high on the show. having to eat edibiles for his nerves so he could get up and speak publiclly.. I loved MJ inc and that other show but this one.. especially if I was endorsing MMJ wouldnt have portayed my dispensary like that and would have left the smoking. bong hitting. eating edibles off the air.. Just my opinion. Hero

bho_expertz said:
Downloaded. Thanks man.

:48:

good to see you old friend.Do you guys get regular, american sattilite, the same shows we do??? just curious. You have a good christmas if I don't talk to you before

mainechowder said:
I work in the Non profit sector (not a medical MJ. company) and frankly, there are a lot of people working for non profits that make a lot of money. I know people (not in our agency) that do quite well. There are a lot of ways around a base "salary". In addition to their salary, they also are allowed to "consult" on the side for the same agency they work for. They can charge upwards of $150 an hour for consulting fees while still taking home a fairly good salary. Not to mention outstanding benefits, company cars, retirement plans, etc.

I am not saying that all non profits are run like this, but just like Wall Street, there is some level of corruption going on. I make a very modest living, but I am only middle management. I'm sure our Executive Director does fairly well.

Back to "Weed Wars". I missed the first episode, but have my DVR set up to record all new episdoes from here on out. Looking forward to seeing how the "big" boys do it in Cali. It is a fairly new industry here in Maine and a lot of folks are profiting from it. I don't know anyone getting "rich" legally, but there are definitively people out there paying their bills, buying groceries for their family, and even have a little left over for a vacation all from growing legally.

MC

Yep, I know an acquaintance that's very high up in a kids charity....millionaire. He used to openly boast of how that money came about.

Latest posts

Back