Week 1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roots organic 707 is a fine mix as well, not too hot but certianly enough good stuff to get them babies going. Nothing else needed for a couple weeks too. Giving you a chance to make some sound decissions.

Remember, experience is what you get when you dont get what you want!
Go slow and dont be too rambuncious sp, you’ll get there quicker!

One more tidbit nen ill leave you alone, technically speaking most of the potting mixes out there come into the catagory of hydrophonic mediums! Not much “dirt/ soil “ in any of them. In the interest of keeping the farm afloat your gonna choose one and continue this grow. At the same time you can begin the process of putting together a batch of soil, call it super soil if you want, that will be the basis for future grows. This will take a couple months and by that time you’ll be a lot more comfortable with it.

The new batch of 8 are okay in the trays for a couple more weeks but I'm going to lose the 8 in trouble with the slime. I've been misting the roots removing the slime twice a day with weak H2O2, and they are hurting so I'm off to the grow store to see what they have I can use for a couple of months. Hopefully I'll have some "super" soil by flower time.

Again, thanks for the tips. I'm looking forward to enjoying going down there again instead of dreading it :)

Put those problem children into soil and see what happens? They might do fine in the new environment. Your not out anything if they dont make it.

Picked up a couple of bags and moving the 8 sickies in to this stuff, fabric pots, 3L
I'm sitting them in the tub but draining to waste, no rez yet either, I miss hand watering.
I have some tea that hasn't hit 10 days yet... I'm using it when I transplant along with some fresh powder. I'm just using plain RO for now, tomorrow I'll bring ppm to 300-400 (us)

upload_2018-9-17_12-2-18.png

What do you mean by tea hasn't hit 10 days yet?
Teas don't last that long.

Im with Pcduck, its long gone by then. However if refrigeration prevents it from going annerobic it may still have some value as a nutrient tea, depending on the starting ingredients.

And while we're picking on you tell me about the "fresh powder"?

I've decided against nutes for now, there is time release in that bag.
I can't get Foxfarm up here.
DutchMasterZlooks method looks like the most doable for me:

6 gallons promix BX <=== does this have anything my bag doesn't and I should add?
4 gallons wormcasts
1-cup bonemeal
1/2cup bloodmeal
and a bunch more perlite

This mix should get you threw 5+ weeks. you can start giving them sum organic "PureblendPro flow"around 3-4week twice a week till 6 weeks into flow then plain water till harvest.!

Simple's simple enough. I'll mix
Im with Pcduck, its long gone by then. However if refrigeration prevents it from going annerobic it may still have some value as a nutrient tea, depending on the starting ingredients.

And while we're picking on you tell me about the "fresh powder"?

haha, the myco stuff I get comes in a small bag of blackish powder
I moistened the dirt for the transplant, as long as it doesn't hurt anything...
they still look in shock this morning, I think they're giving up

pick away! what I do to this plant is outrageous.

Your fist line made my day. "Ive decided against nutes fir now". I was nervous that you might swing the pendulium hard the other direction and dump a bunch of stuff on em that furthered your problem.

Bx is good, contains myco which is what i hoped your answer about "the fresh powder" would be, great.

If this were my science project, id disolve a tablespoon of unsulphered molassas in a gallon of water and water them babies with this for a couple weeks, nothing else. While your at it, roll that bottle over and read the ingredients, you'll notice its very similar to lots of bottled nute formulas.

Tell us about your light, T5 would be perfect during this phase, all the rest are fine too long as they are not too close, causing light stress.

I sure hope this comes together for you, be patient we are talking about a weed here!

Last edited:
The interesting thing I read about nutes once was to think of them as vitamins, a little late for that when you're already sick and just want to sip chicken noodle soup.

I was unclear, I am not using BX, see post above pcduck's head up there :)
If the only thing BX got that I ain't got is Myco... I just got 4oz today, anything else my bag is missing?

unsulphered molassas... wow, am i ever nervous about using that,
some myco with that? right now, I added in weak cal/mag and I'm just maybe a cup around the plant for now, they look small in there

T5s yes, I've been gentle a foot to TWO feet
I know they look like hell but you should have seen them yesterday, thought they were goners

Attachments

• 100_0196.JPG
    100_0196.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Lost this post somehow.... these all came up, 4 NL5, 4 bc big bud
2 of 4 are deformed. I coated seeds in Mycogrow is only thing different
these are getting off to a much better start, no nutes

Attachments

• 100_0197.JPG
    100_0197.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 100_0198.JPG
    100_0198.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Im not familiar with the lambert but it looks fine to me. I only use mycos in the hole at transplanting, spray it good with a mister bottle and be sure it comes in contact with the roots. Personally i dont apply any after that. Your past that now so dont worry about it.

Dont be nervous about the mollassas, roll that bottle over and read the ingredients, lots of calcium, mag, phos, and everything else thats important. Some say certian nute companies rebottle and rebrand mollassas with few if any additions. I dont know but i can assure you it wont hurt the plants. Tablespoon per gallon for now.

Get that T5 down with in 1 to 5 inches of the tallest plant, block the short ones up to that level. It encourages root growth and lateral distribution of the cannopy. They'll be fine. You cant get the other grow lights right down on em like that. They say the light is the food and them t5s arent all that strong, so to realize maximum gain they need to be close. Also pile on more soil, right up to the bottom leaves, keep doing that till the pots full. Are them 3s or 5 gallon pots? Think tomatoes, you lay them over or their side and cover the stem clear up to the top and they grow roots along the whole length, roots good, root good!

When i look at them babies i dont see big problems, what i see is plants that had a rough start, evedinced by the crappy lower leaves. Then i see new good looking growth above the crappy and if you just transplanted outa that poision soup you had going just a day or so ago, id be damm happy with where your at.

Trust me, you aint out nothin, lower the light and water with the mollassas only for a couple weeks. Keep pictures coming, about a week apart then we can all look at where you been and where your at then. Im hoping some of the real experts'll chime in and teach us both something?

Heck you gonna be entering em in the state fair in a couple months!!

P.s, thanks for letting me come along with you on this!

Last edited:
Besure to get/use the unsulphurated mollasses. I only use molasses when I brew my tea, jump starts the microbes.

T-5's get them close, just a few inches.

A simple tea brewer:

https://www.marijuanapassion.com/threads/5-gallon-micro-brewer-diy.71394/

An advanced brew guide.

https://www.marijuanapassion.com/threads/brew-guide.75527/

I didn't look for unsulphered last time, friggin details
http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=dailytip&dbid=88

TEA STUFF niiiiiice, thanks, pcduck! great timing
I'm assuming I can give the new batch some tea when the cotyledons turn

Last edited:
Im not familiar with the lambert but it looks fine to me. I only use mycos in the hole at transplanting, spray it good with a mister bottle and be sure it comes in contact with the roots. Personally i dont apply any after that. Your past that now so dont worry about it.

Dont be nervous about the mollassas, roll that bottle over and read the ingredients, lots of calcium, mag, phos, and everything else thats important. Some say certian nute companies rebottle and rebrand mollassas with few if any additions. I dont know but i can assure you it wont hurt the plants. Tablespoon per gallon for now.

Get that T5 down with in 1 to 5 inches of the tallest plant, block the short ones up to that level. It encourages root growth and lateral distribution of the cannopy. They'll be fine. You cant get the other grow lights right down on em like that. They say the light is the food and them t5s arent all that strong, so to realize maximum gain they need to be close. Also pile on more soil, right up to the bottom leaves, keep doing that till the pots full. Are them 3s or 5 gallon pots? Think tomatoes, you lay them over or their side and cover the stem clear up to the top and they grow roots along the whole length, roots good, root good!

When i look at them babies i dont see big problems, what i see is plants that had a rough start, evedinced by the crappy lower leaves. Then i see new good looking growth above the crappy and if you just transplanted outa that poision soup you had going just a day or so ago, id be damm happy with where your at.

Trust me, you aint out nothin, lower the light and water with the mollassas only for a couple weeks. Keep pictures coming, about a week apart then we can all look at where you been and where your at then. Im hoping some of the real experts'll chime in and teach us both something?

Heck you gonna be entering em in the state fair in a couple months!!

P.s, thanks for letting me come along with you on this!

check all of the above, thanks
well, I've lost time to shock but at least there's life in the room
and it's more fun going in there now

it'll likely break your heart how I cure these, they won't be fair material :)
and I'm not into strains, I wish to **** they'd settle down with that, I think way to much breeding and seeds are suffering. Sure, I'm a spaz grower but losing batches of 8 at a time is ridiculous
look at the 2 deformed ones up there whattheheck?

lowering the lamps, thanks again, lads

mr duck, your brewer with the monster air pump is next on my list
I have the air pump, looks same as your beast...
Those things are hugely noisy even hanging in the air with bungie cords,
seems too warm to put in a box, a lid on the bubbler helps too a bit

does that connection from the air pump have to be a 90 or can I use a handy ebb&flo drain and bend the hose up?

Attachments

• duck.jpg
    duck.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 27
The 90 allows for the base to sit flat at the bottom of the bucket. You want it flat.

Besure to get/use the unsulphurated mollasses. I only use molasses when I brew my tea, jump starts the microbes.

Jeeze, I jumped on that quick & easy tbl/gal water mix Alasgun suggested. Strictly for the microbes you say, why not in the soil? anything scary or does it just conflict with your regimen?

People have their own opinions, some vary.
I use the mol in microbe tea also but then once you brew up a bunch of microbes what do you do with them? You dump um on the dirt where they go to work. When you water with mol/ water you dump it on the dirt too, nen the microbes utilize it. Theres more than one type of tea, i use microbe tea the most but my ingredients are such that if theres not one microbe in there the plants still benifit from a nutrient tea!
Go ahead a roll that bottle over and read the ingredients,, your plants love all that stuff.

At some point youll develop an opinion of your own, once you have some good experience to go off of.

Latest posts

Back