Week 4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Herm

Reaction score
Been a long time since I posted up anything. I continue to progress in skill in growing. Its a slow process but I am seeing much better results than I thought I would ever manage. This is 4 weeks in flower I have 12 plants in my room.

DSCN0798-1.JPG

DSCN0801-1.JPG

2nd pic was taken 4 days after first.

Oh hellz yes. Nice work Herm!

Can you tell us a little about your setup? How big is your flowering area? Thx :farm:

ya nice, how long are you vegging for? whats the strain?

They look really good, indeed! Yes, you've learned something about growing, I'd say.

My room is about 8 and a half feet by 7 feet. Those are vegged 3 weeks in the room under 2 thousand watt MH's. I take big clones - my clones have branches on them I could probably clone if I wanted to. The strain is Pure Power by G13 Seeds.

One thing that is bothering me is that the ph of the soil seems to be dropping. Its down around 4.9 - 5.2 in all my pots now. Any suggestions on how to bring this up a little bit?

Your pH is off, but your plants are healthy? If so, maybe you have nothing to worry about. However, if you add one tablespoon of dolomite lime per gallon of soil, the lime helps stabilize the pH of the soil withing an acceptable range. If you haven't already added the lime (add to soil and mix in in advance), you can sprinkle some on the soil and water it in.

Here's a couple more pics. My pots are 12"x12"x12" 6.4 gallons. My soil is promix bx and fox farms ocean forest mix. I run the full line up of fox farms nutes. I put some powdered lime in my soil mix last time but I was not sure of its effects and it appears I did not use enough. Thanks for the heads up, this is a fairly quick flowering strain so I almost half way through flower at this point, hopefully I can get it under control.

DSCN0795-1.JPG

DSCN0793-1.JPG

Herm said:
One thing that is bothering me is that the ph of the soil seems to be dropping. Its down around 4.9 - 5.2 in all my pots now. Any suggestions on how to bring this up a little bit?

I never worry about the ph of my soil...everything that goes in is ph'd to 6.5 (this is checked with a ph meter) and life stays grand.
When you start worrying about the soil ph you can open a can of worms. Your plants look healthy I wldn't worry much about the soil ph...what are you using to check it anyway? Run off or are you using one of those worthless two prong ph/moisture/light meters? Those are junk and I wld not trust the ph reading off of them. JMO

Alistair said:
Your pH is off, but your plants are healthy? If so, maybe you have nothing to worry about. However, if you add one tablespoon of dolomite lime per gallon of soil, the lime helps stabilize the pH of the soil withing an acceptable range. If you haven't already added the lime (add to soil and mix in in advance), you can sprinkle some on the soil and water it in.

:yeahthat: :goodposting:

Plants are looking good even with the pH as it is. :farm:

Myself, I use 2tbl/gallon, or 1cup/CuFt of mix, for the lime, but that's what my mix requires. It's one of those things that you adjust to suit your particular mix. It's hard to over apply, so experiment a bit and see what amount gets you into the 'acceptable range'.

Wet

Herm said:
Here's a couple more pics. My pots are 12"x12"x12" 6.4 gallons. My soil is promix bx and fox farms ocean forest mix. I run the full line up of fox farms nutes. I put some powdered lime in my soil mix last time but I was not sure of its effects and it appears I did not use enough. Thanks for the heads up, this is a fairly quick flowering strain so I almost half way through flower at this point, hopefully I can get it under control.

I make my own mix, but my peat is from the same company that makes ProMix. It can really get acidic.

Like I said, it's hard to over apply lime, but you sure can under apply it, as you've noticed.

As long as it's not hydrated or 'quick' lime, but powdered dolomite or 'garden' lime, I would go ahead and top dress with it. I have to do this with my tomato's, even though the mix was well limed to begin with. They really chew up the calcium and deplete it after a couple months or so.

I'd bet that the same thing is happening here. You had enough lime in there to keep things right and the plants looking great. But now, it's getting depleted and the pH is dropping. MJ sucks up a lot of Ca in flower.

Wet

Wetdog said:
I make my own mix, but my peat is from the same company that makes ProMix. It can really get acidic.

Like I said, it's hard to over apply lime, but you sure can under apply it, as you've noticed.

As long as it's not hydrated or 'quick' lime, but powdered dolomite or 'garden' lime, I would go ahead and top dress with it. I have to do this with my tomato's, even though the mix was well limed to begin with. They really chew up the calcium and deplete it after a couple months or so.

Wet

Yeah I am going to top dress with garden lime this next run myself....figure any help I can get to stabilize the ph is a good thing.

Hamster Lewis said:
I never worry about the ph of my soil...everything that goes in is ph'd to 6.5 (this is checked with a ph meter) and life stays grand.
When you start worrying about the soil ph you can open a can of worms. Your plants look healthy I wldn't worry much about the soil ph...what are you using to check it anyway? Run off or are you using one of those worthless two prong ph/moisture/light meters? Those are junk and I wld not trust the ph reading off of them. JMO

I was measuring by run off.

Latest posts

Back