Weight loss Question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

alaskabud

Hi brothers and sisters. Sorry about just coming here with a question and not trying to see if the answer is listed somewhere else. I needed a quick answer so her goes and thank you very much in advance.
Can a knowledable person give me a best guess as to how much weight is lost from say one Lb of just harvested bud to what you end up with after the drying and curing process. Best guess is fine. Thank you again!

I can tell you the difference between freshly harvested MANICURED weed vs. ready-to-go.
If it weighs 10 oz. fresh, it'll be 2 oz. dried & cured.

That's one of the few unpleasent surprizes when growing weed.
You have a HUGE mound of weed and your eyes are big and bright like a kid at x-mas time, and then a few weeks later the pile has diminished 80% and you haven't tounched it!

P.S. when you read about the pigs busting a grow, you'll see something like "x number of plants estimated by the police to be worth $ x". The government, in it's infinate wisdom, figures EVERY PLANT, even a tiny 2" seedling, to be worth between $2,000 and $4,000.
And take it from someone who knows, if the pigs rip your grow, they pull up the plants and weigh it--stalk, roots, dirt stuck to the roots, anhd tell the judge that's how much pot they seized from you.
Well, a plant that weight let's just say 1 pound (stalks, roots, dirt, undried) might yield a few grams of smokable bud.

Damn...I never thought about that GanjaGuru...That is scary. My thoughts on this...Don't tell anyone you are growing...never trust ANYONE.

never even tell your best friend! just make them think you gotta good hook up...thats always been my theory

I agree ftw 100%! Most people never guess I even smoke. It is very personal...who knows maybe I am Hilary Clinton. :D

Thanks Ganja! Ya saved me a bundle. 60% loss this guy said.

They do busts up here in AK different than down there I guess. They don't go by weight in grow busts and they don't mess with you for 5 or less plants. Up to 25 plants is a misdemeanor. If you just smoke and don't grow you can legally have up to a quarter pound in your house. Lot of growers up here and lot of busts but they concentrate on the guys that have 100-1000 plants. I've been stoned for 40 some years but just started growing 5 and under plants at a time last year cause their frikken beautifoool to look at. Right! I'll hang out and pick up some tips from you guys from time to time if it's alright with ya'll. later and thanks again GG.

MotherEarth said:
I agree ftw 100%! Most people never guess I even smoke. It is very personal...who knows maybe I am Hilary Clinton. :D

I'm a lot like that too MotherEarth..smoking for me isn't so much a big social thing of a dozen people getting stoned. Don't get me wrong, if theres enough to go around, the more the merrier I say. I suppose I'm one of those people who is perfectly happy to turn out the lights, turn on some relaxing music, smoke a nice joint of my own home grown, and have some sex. haha well it doesn't always end with the sex, but it sure is nice when it does!! lol :D

PS Ganja..Mary, Queen of Scots? Don't you think thats just a little far out? lol jk

Insane: I suppose I'm one of those people who is perfectly happy to turn out the lights, turn on some relaxing music, smoke a nice joint of my own home grown, and have some sex. haha well it doesn't always end with the sex, but it sure is nice when it does!!

Amen dude,
My old lady is the only one that knows. (can't hide it from her)
Anymore:
Less freinds to me means less enemies. I got a 2-3 people I hang-out with, but even that is on special occassions.
Leave me alone, mind your business, let me live, and I will do the same for you. That is how feel about my neighbors and others.

That is from years of poor judgment calls about people when I was young.

i feel that u guys r completely right, no one needs to know that A) i smoke pot and B) i now grow it, ppl are backstabers and snakes jus for a quick high or some quick cash. but there must be a few people u share the joy of pot with. how sad is it to have a garden that not another single living soul knows about? some one that has as much passion for it as urself should know. a few key ppl know bout my operation but they have been there through hell wit me and back.... these are ppl who took every opertunity to help out rather then backstab.

ne ways in conclusion dont shout it from the rooftops but yeah definatly share ur joy wit others

I agree with you all. My cousin is the weed man so he knows I smoke ofcourse. My seeds from his bags, but I have not told him that I grow for one reason, if he gets busted you NEVER know what he will tell the fuzz to get himself off the hook. I have a nice home, a good job, and a family to raise and I'll be damned if anyone trys to get in the way of that. :mad:

PS. But you don't know how HARD it is not to brag to my smoker friends and family! I see my beautiful plants flourishing and I just want to show someone! That is why I am glad I have you all. You understand and we can share our success together! :)

I'm like that too, smoke weed by myself. At night is best when i get off work (I work afternoons) at like midnight or one I sit in my car listen to the radio and smoke a fatty. Other then that I mostly somoke with my older sister. :) Mother Earth I feel the same as you about my pot plants and wanting to show some one this awsome pot plant you got and they don't :D. When my plants are flowering I like to watch them grow. To me no weed smells as good as it is when it's the late flowering stages.

As a life-long Hippie, who has cultivated :)) ) fellow hempheads, I've never hidden my hobby (outdoor growing) from my close friends. I bought my indoor equip. from a friend back in '88, and enlisted the help of several carpenter friends of mine to help build my chambers.
There was one friend (now ex-friend--turned out to be a ******* drunk) who told a mutual friend that he felt like turning me in, but was talked talked out of it.
Nowadays, I'm 100% legal as far as Calif. is concerned, and too small for the feds to worry about and don't sell (anymore), so even more people know.
Out here it's slightly different I guess. Everyone who wants pot grows it.

GanjaGuru said:
As a life-long Hippie, who has cultivated :)) ) fellow hempheads, I've never hidden my hobby (outdoor growing) from my close friends. I bought my indoor equip. from a friend back in '88, and enlisted the help of several carpenter friends of mine to help build my chambers.
There was one friend (now ex-friend--turned out to be a ******* drunk) who told a mutual friend that he felt like turning me in, but was talked talked out of it.
Nowadays, I'm 100% legal as far as Calif. is concerned, and too small for the feds to worry about and don't sell (anymore), so even more people know.
Out here it's slightly different I guess. Everyone who wants pot grows it.
That is so amazing. I wish where I lived it was like that. It seems like it is more liberated over there. Here my friend got pulled over and went to jail for 20 days bail of $10,000 for a roach in the car 5 years ago.

5 years, that's bullshit. When I first started driving 3 years ago I was driving down the service road and about to go on the highway but then changed my mine. The service road speed limit is 50km I was going 90km and after passing the on ramp I went pass a police speed trap and was pulled over. The officer gave me a ticket and just before he left hew was smelling my car and i have just smoke a joint and boughten some weed. I was stupid cause I had a weed banada over my rearview mirror and a ounch sitting in the middle of the two front seats. I'm pretty sure the officer seen the weed and after smelling my car the office said to me son take it easy and driver slower then walked away. The office was around 50 or even older, I counld not belive it.
True story.

Similar story to yours adam:

Im driving home from work in an old 87' Plymouth Reliant K (piece of crap car, but man, I could make that thing move) so Im driving home after a long day of work and I decide to take the scenic route home, rather than a nasty highway drive. So Im driving along some nice back roads back to my house and I light up a nice fat joint. Im driving fast, not stupidly fast, but fast enough to be half-stopping at stop signs and such. At one stop sign with a particularly large intersection, I need to make a tight right turn, so I rip through the stop sign, pull a hard E brake and swing my car around probably 120 degrees right into the path of a marked police cruiser. At this point I have a nice fat joint in my mouth, no seat belt on, and I just ran a stop sign and performed a very dangerous action in the middle of the intersection. So I pretty much just sit there to see what the cop is gonna do, so he drives up beside me, rolls down his window and says "Nice E-brake kid, but, but you gotta remember to release it when your about 3/4 of the way through your slide, that way you can get your tires spinning again and just fuckin take off!" that cop obviously saw the surprise in my eyes as he said this, and immidietly after saying that he just howls with laughter and takes off, probably burning about 50 feet of rubber as well. So at this point I needed some time to take this all in, and so I pulled over to smoke another joint.

Cops where i live are just assholes.

They will prety much jsut hassle you if your doing anything somewhat ilegal but then just go away not giving you a ticket or anything. In a way its good because you dont get in trouble, you jsut get the shit scared out of you.

edited: I just did a reply and realized. This things is so far off-topic it is crazy. and all of us were too stoned to even pay attention. I am guilty too. I replied to the post. This was about wieght loss and harvesting buds. LOL
This is funny.

That was the best story Adam!!!! I am sitting here LMAO. What a trip!!! Whoda thought?!
Close call Adam...be careful next time...not all cops are that cool! ;)

Latest posts

Back