weird question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmy

Reaction score
well im on my first grow- in a tiny cabinet with a fluorescent grow light. Im growing white rhino and it was all going great, but, all of a sudden (they're just showing calyx development by the way) one of my plants has dying leaves at the top- they turn yellow and curl up. also ive noticed random small wet patches on some of the fan leaves every now and then. just like a few little droplets of water... any ideas anyone? i dont know if the problems are related or not...

If your plants are 3 or 4 or more weeks into flowering, it's normal.
Leaves store nutrients during veg to supply the plants with essential food during flowering. As the nutrients are used up, the leaves with and die.
As the other problem; I don't know.
Condensation on the ceiling/light fixture?

well actually, I am just about to start flowering them, so they're still in vegetative growth...hmmmm...

When dealing with an unknown plant problem in an indoor marijuana garden, the first thing to do is flush the medium/soil.
Use an amt of water equal to 3 times the voilume of the planter. For example if the plant in in a one gal. cont., slowly pour a total of 3 gal. into the planter, letting the excess water drain out.
Now we know it's not a nutrient imbalance problem.
Observe the plant. Did it solve the problem (new growth normal)?
If it does solve the problem, re-start feeding but at a lower strength than before.
It's essential that you resolve the problem BEFORE you go into flowering.
More: continue using veg/grow nutrients for the first 3 weeks of 12/12, then switch to a flowering/bloom nutrient.
And use just plain water when the bud hairs start to change color from clear/milky to red/brown. They don't need any nutrients past that point.

wow thanks.. im kinda nervous about doing a soil flush i dont want drown/shock the plant. It's currently the biggest one I have, so i dont want anything to happen to it.. But thanks I appreciate the advice, you seem to know what you're talking about. I really hope this solves it too, caus i was gonna start flowering probly within the week. Also, what is the reason for staying on the veg. nutirents? just wondering

During the first 3 weeks of flowering the plants usually more than double in height. This growth spurt requires lots of nitrogen (N), which veg/grow nutrients have lots of.

After the first 3 weeks, most growth stops as the plant puts it's energy into pollen (male) or bud (female) production. Very little N is needed but the plant needs lots of phosphorus (P), which is what flowering nutrients have.

well I know all about nutrients and which one is for which...(well, not ALL about them, the basics) but hypothetically, if you did not want them to double in height, would using only a small amount of nitrogen negatively affect the plant other than decrease vegetative growth?

Sorry about the lateness in reply.
The plant needs to stretch. That's part of the flowering process. Cut the growth=decreased yield.

hmm well i suppose that does make sense doesn't it-- thanks again for the advice- i flushed to soil and the plants been doing pretty good- but i thought that nutirent burns and such started at the base of the plant and worked upwards..

GanjaGuru said:
When dealing with an unknown plant problem in an indoor marijuana garden, the first thing to do is flush the medium/soil.
Use an amt of water equal to 3 times the voilume of the planter. For example if the plant in in a one gal. cont., slowly pour a total of 3 gal. into the planter, letting the excess water drain out.
Now we know it's not a nutrient imbalance problem.
Observe the plant. Did it solve the problem (new growth normal)?
If it does solve the problem, re-start feeding but at a lower strength than before.
It's essential that you resolve the problem BEFORE you go into flowering.
More: continue using veg/grow nutrients for the first 3 weeks of 12/12, then switch to a flowering/bloom nutrient.
And use just plain water when the bud hairs start to change color from clear/milky to red/brown. They don't need any nutrients past that point.

Thanks, GG. Very helpful.

Latest posts

Back