Welcome to Gronys Gardens

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gman_517

Reaction score
I'd like to start out by saying thank you for visiting Gronys grow journal a Lil about myself, i used to be a regular in these forums back in 2008 .some older members may remember me as "aurora indicas dad" I'm a Michigan medical marijuana caregiver I am licensed and remain under my plant limit at all times. With that said I have 4 patients that depend on this medicine and expect good quality mildew free herb..I have the upmost respect for this herb and all the issues that one can encounter while growing this beautiful magical medicinal plant. Ok so enough about me.I'd like to introduce you to the bud room this grow journal will be for as well as some of the strains that are present inside this bud room. I have constructed this structure using 2 x 4s plywood,spray foam and poly.it has a ventech 6 inch inline fan bringing fresh air from outside the room going in and a 6 inch hydrofarm exhausting out.I'm using a magum xxl as well as a blazer as far as hoods go.they both have 6 inch flanges and are air cooled.inside the hoods are one 1000 watt hortilux super hps as well as one 1000 watt dual arc bulb and my ballasts are 1000 watt hydrofarm convertible ballasts.
after having problem after problem with my other bud room I've learned the importance of a steady humidity level. I was pretty much dehydrating my plants when my lights were on and they were giving me all kinds of issues so after hours/days of researching I have set this room up and am ready to make this a grow to remember. I run a humidifier when my lights are on and a dehumifier when my lights go off.i need to maintain a humidity percentage of between 40% and 50% humidity to beable to avoid mildew or dehydration. I am running cutting edge solutions micro,grow,bloom,uncle johns blend,bioroot,terpinator,floralicous plus,botanicares sylica blast,botanicares hydroguard and I add molasses at week 2,4,and 6 with the last 2 weeks being just water.i do use tap water but i let it sit out for at least 48 hours with an airstone inside it.....i will now go ahead and show you some pics of what I have.then ill tell you about the strains and well go from there....if anybody has any questions for me I'd be happy to help/explain.

Ok so there are 17 plants inside.5 are scrogged. the strains are lemon og,chem berry Tahoe ,chemdog, and sour cream.

I forgot to mention that I do use advance nutrients final phase the first week of my 2 week flush before harvest.also this captain jacks is what I use for bug control and greencure is what I use as prevenative for powdery mildew.all my plants get both of these is veg and green cured until buds start to form

View attachment KIMG0783.jpg

I also would like to mention some of these are in some of my homemade grony bags which I make myself.if you'd like to know how just ask n I'll share it with u.I save a lot of money making them myself and they really are amazing

These were from a previous harvest but I was dealing with too low of a humidity level the second half of budding so my bud size took a hit but as you can see my terpine production was great. Smokes berry nice.the chem berry Tahoe is very sweet n berry-like,good smoke for b4 bed,the lemon og has a nice choke with a lemony taste balanced high, the chemdog is very pungent/dank/skunky and packs quite the punch. Although not photoed The sour cream is a great producer and is more of a daytime weed.very nice one of a kind taste. Although not in this room I also have purple elephant,Kandy kush,pure michigan genetics new York deathstar and their death diesel.as well as og18,crunch berry,and og 18

Looks good. Frosty

Ok so its 12/31/2014,the girls got their fist dose of the cutting edge "transition" mix (micro,veg,and bloom) as well as bioroot,sylica blast,and floralicous plus.water all with around 60oz of water/nutes. Also I baught another humidifier for my bud room yesterday and I just put it in the bud room tonight.up here in Michigan we get this cold dry winter air so I'm trying my best to keep my humidity between 40% and 50% but its trying to hold at 37%.so anyways time will tell.I'll now give these plants3-4 days and then I'll give them straight water.I'll update again if anything new pops up.

View attachment KIMG0798.jpg

View attachment KIMG0797.jpg

Ok so after playing babysitter I've finally figured out how to keep my humidity in the mid 40s...drumroll....ok..a towel soaked in water then draped over a 2 x4 with it sitting halfway in water acting like a wick.I take it out when the lights go out,which is when the humidifiers go off and my dehumidifier goes on.also i added a box fan hung in the corner just to move the air more.it will be temporary and will be replaced with a wall mounted fan,like the other fan i have in there now...here's some more pics for you guys. Happy new year from Gronys!!..hope everybody had a good medicated night.anyways..heres the girls!

View attachment KIMG0802.jpg

View attachment KIMG0803.jpg

View attachment KIMG0801.jpg

View attachment KIMG0799.jpg

View attachment KIMG0804.jpg

View attachment KIMG0806.jpg

View attachment KIMG0805.jpg

View attachment KIMG0800.jpg

View attachment KIMG0807.jpg

Hey mate, if you put polarized sunglasses over your camera's lens when you take your pictures, it stops those interference patterns in your pics. Good looking setup.

Thank you for the tip on the sunglasses I'll have to see about getting a pair and thanks for the nice comments.I spend a lot of time on them. They're definitely very spoiled and never ignored.

Ok so late last night/this morning I noticed my humidity with lights on was trying to dip into the 30s again so I decided to hook up ducting from my one xxxl magnum hood to outside of my room.I'm thinking with it ran the way it was I was just sucking the humidity out so time will tell where we are now.I'll update after I have time to monitor it... But one of the girls has little buds growing already. here's some pics for you guys.start of day 6 from switching to 12/12.

View attachment KIMG0807.jpg

View attachment KIMG0806.jpg

View attachment KIMG0808.jpg

View attachment KIMG0814.jpg

View attachment KIMG0813.jpg

View attachment KIMG0812.jpg

View attachment KIMG0810.jpg

View attachment KIMG0811.jpg

View attachment KIMG0815.jpg

Ok so I've been monitoring it for like 6 hours now and so far the room has stayed at 82 degrees and 42% humidity with the lights on...perfect!!

Latest posts

Back