welcome to Growers 101

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been trying to figure out how to understand lighting.

Plan on doing SOG with say 8 plants

Want to use household LED bulbs
How would one go about that? For sog and led how many LED bulbs would one need to successfully grow?

Been trying to figure out how to understand lighting.

Plan on doing SOG with say 8 plants

Want to use household LED bulbs
How would one go about that? For sog and led how many LED bulbs would one need to successfully grow?
This is kind of a "how long is a piece of string " question. What's the wattage, and are they even the right wavelength? Go for real grow lights... its actually cheaper per watt than trying to cob together an array from household products

Honestly with the competition in the LED market, you can find panels on Amazon for a variety of budgets and applications that will make you and your plants happy... with only a power cord or two to wrangle!!

Hmm ok

If I use a 6500k led light that hits veg spectrum

See idk about what wattage to use. I could use a bunch of 15w bulbs or a bunch of 10w or 5w

Even considering CFLs

Both LED and CFL come in 6500k and 2700k

If you are considering fluorescents on a tight budget and a hardware store supply, totally look at T5 tubes in "daylight". Or get fancy and go for T5HO fixtures that you can swap grow and bloom tubes.
I like those a lot for vegging and sometimes even use them for flower if the plants are really stubby.
You just don't get a ton of penetration so a "real" LED grow panel is probably your best bet. The ones with Samsung chips and meanwell drivers are outstanding. I have 3 spiderfarmer2000 units that are just spectacular... $300 a,pop and worth every penny!

You might want to do a bit more research. LEDs and plants don't use wattage as a way to compare the useful spectrum that plants see. Start with photosynthetically active radiation. Then PPFD. Understanding these will help in finding a light that fits your needs

Honestly will be using LED. But for example what if I use like 10 15w LEDs in 6500k

This is all new too me

Thanks for replys

Again, more watts, more canopy penetration. Personally I wouldn't even consider a bunch of little ones and can't speak from experience on that, sorry.

I'd agree with the others. Skip the multi hanging builds like you see done with hps bulbs in large grows. It's not the same. LED sit much closer to your canopy without frying the plants. Light intensity is more focused, therefore the best way to intensify that light is to densely pack in diodes. That's why you will see panels and bars that only cover a certain area. If you try hanging a ton of Phillips smart home bulbs you going to hang yourself in the jungle of cords producing scraggly larf... You will spend more on sockets than you will getting even a starter level manufactured light.

Anyone heard of this reefertilzer products I’m wondering if they’re a good nite to try it’s a single mix powder for each stage of the growth

Hi, this is my first grow and I’m practicing on a bag seed before my good seeds arrive. I’m about 7 weeks in and my plant is showing no sign of sex (that I can see any way) I switched from 18/6 to 12/12 a week and 1 day ago. My fan leaves are huge and other than a bit of leaf curl after a hot humid day the plant appears to be healthy. Any advice would be appreciated

hey jazb,

you wont get preflowers until they are sexually mature. They will be sexually mature when you start getting alternating nodes:D

2b2s
Can I ask what that looks like haha. This is the first plant I have grown and I really have no idea what I’m doing

How often should the tent’s exhaust fan run? Should it run 24/7 or only when the light is on or what is the protocol for refreshing the air in the tent?

Latest posts

Back