Well crap. Guess it wasn’t ready to jar.

JoseyWales

Reaction score
No damage. Have emptied all jars and have the buds on screen. think I will pick up some paper bags tomorrow

Question. If I put a 62% pack into a jar with higher humidity will it lower it to the correct level?
What would happen if you pull a vacuum on the jar down to 1000 microns

Bubba

Reaction score
No. Don't put the packets in untill the jars reach 62-63 %. I buy a bunch of those small mini hygrometer/temp meter and put one in each jar.

Surprising how it may feel fairly dry, but put it in a jar it goes up to 80%! Dump out in front of jar for hour or so, put back in, repeat.

After a while, it will hold low 70s. From there, it can remain sealed for a while, but must be regularly burped down to 62 or so. Even 66 isn't bad.

I will usually plan on being at home for a few days just to get them down to jarable humidity.

Just take it out and let it air a little them back it the jar to sweat that inner moisture out, and finish your cure.

Bubba

ROSTERMAN

Bud Of The Month Tender Jr. Staff Peon
Reaction score
No damage. Have emptied all jars and have the buds on screen. think I will pick up some paper bags tomorrow

Question. If I put a 62% pack into a jar with higher humidity will it lower it to the correct level?
Yep This happens
This is why I put buds in paper bags with meters inside a tote (ie Tupperware or a like almost air tight) with a cover that can be opened and closed as needed , so if the humidity is still 70% in bud bags I open tote lid for a few hrs , when it comes down I close it again, A few days of this will get the buds right where they need to be prior to jarring for final Burping period.

ROSTERMAN

Reaction score
If this works could be very interesting...

Bubba
Not sure
You put damp buds in and what dries them the Vac, I can not see it happening The Boveda pks will not absorb all that moisture in my opinion

Bubba

Reaction score
Yeah, for that matter they don't hold permanently 62%, it slowly drops off with time.

Credo devices in humidors will hold humidity if you occasionally juice them a little.

Bubba

ROSTERMAN

Reaction score
Yeah, for that matter they don't hold permanently 62%, it slowly drops off with time.

Credo devices in humidors will hold humidity if you occasionally juice them a little.

Bubba
The Humidity Packs can be recharged if you have used ones

JoseyWales

Reaction score
Not sure
You put damp buds in and what dries them the Vac, I can not see it happening The Boveda pks will not absorb all that moisture in my opinion
Do you believe water can boil at room temperature? it sure does in the right conditions. All AC units need to be vacuumed to 500 microns. At 500 microns moisture is not present, any lower than 500 microns now were talking about space. What I don't know is will the trichomes survive, I'm gonna find out.

Bubba

Reaction score
Typical organic chemistry trick. Pull a vacuum on the distillation system and it boils at much lower temps.

Bubba

ROSTERMAN

Reaction score
Well keep us advised
Start a new thread on it so we can all watch (Really do a thread)
I have my AC Vac sitting in dining room right now.

JoseyWales

Reaction score
What are you planning to use as a Vac chamber (mason jar with vac lid)
I'm gonna use a mason jar and make a lid with a mason jar lid. Hopefully i can drill the hole and glue the fitting in place should be strong enough. gonna do it tomorrow. Still working on deboning today still got a ways to go.

Last edited: