Well damn!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SmokinMom

I am about to go smoke a bowl and there's no chatroom.

Ahh well. Guess I better just clean the house with my buzz.....

:p

well damn....i guess i should pop on msn sometime eh? :cool:

what happen to the room again?

Because of server problems, the chat room had to be taken offline for now.

There are many issues about the chat room as well. When it comes back online, everyone needs to know that ALL CUSSING OF ANY KIND is not allowed in there. NOT ABBRIVIATIONS, NOT MISSPELLED WORDS, NOTHING!!!!!!!!! Unless you are in a private chat with someone.

The chat logs will be reviewed for anyone misusing it and they will receive ONE WARNING FROM MARP and then will be banned from the group permanently. NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE.

Every word of what is posted in chat can be, and will be reviewed. The rules will be enforced.

The minor cussing is something that can't be tolerated anymore because other people just point at it and say "Why can't I say...."

I hope you all understand and follow the rules. I'd hate to see anyone get banned, but all this childishness that has gone on in there is over when it restarts.

Here's a great guideline for all of you. Pretend you are in the room with a bunch of other people AND THE POPE IS IN THE ROOM.

That means NO SEX TALK. That means NO CUSSING OF ANY KIND. If you have to do these things, make sure you're in a private room first or you'll be banned.

But the Pope is cool with weed as long as you don't buy it or sell it.

Thanks everyone. You all know I love to chat also. But I don't like the stuff that's going on right now with all this yelling going on.

It'll get better everyone. I promise you that.

I'll see you all around the forum!

Good luck to all of you!

Hello SB

Can this be clarified a little? We are posting from all over the world, what is considered swearing in some countries is common use in others, I have offended people in the US by using the very word in the title of this thread.

I don´t mean to give you any hassle, I understand also that the moderation of this site becomes more of a headache as the membership grows.

peace

So am I safe to assume that chat will now be of the Rated G variety?

Gosh, I hope I am not one of the bad guys. I'd hate to think I ruined anyones fun.

Is my paranoia shining thru yet? ;)

And thanks to all the mods/admin for keeping this site safe, and up and running. If someone has problems with how things are done around here then it's their problem and not yours. There are plenty of other sites out there!!!

Thanks guys!

:)

S/B is **** gonna be a reason fer termination? sombro raises a good point. another is members kick back and get ripped or boozed up a little and know enough to not post so they enter chat. after a party or at the foul language bar; they come on line to "home" and go to chat. i have had many a "im sorry" pm's the next day from hungover members and i've sent quite a few myself. so now they all get terminated for drunk/stoned talk? maybe have marP set up 2 chat rooms or your gonna have an empty chat due to fear. there is hardline and there is total FEAR, i get enough now by pm from newbies afraid to post. its not me they fear as they speak to me so who do they fear? just a note to you; you all are great mods but the mood in this forum is a problem beyond normal behavior.

at OG, you could kick back and relax, shoot the bull, flame yer buds in jest and post about growing, everyday life and news. here 1 FEARS to do that and now, with this, even more so. IMHO

smokinmom, unfortunately, this kind of statement is exactly what newbies are afraid of. i do not want to "point fingers" my friend but since i get pointed at, then i do so in return. i really respect you so dont take offense but the statement you just made would make any newbie think twice about posting. thus they dont. instead they look for a strong member to pm and ask; to wit: me. i have found that this forum is unique in massive pm'ing with newbies. i dumped my inbox/outbox yesterday evening and its over a quarter full again. i answered 3 last night - so thats a lot fer pm's inbox.

there are plenty of other sites out there. so, a newbie says gosh, do i dare post? should i go elsewhere? i need advice. well, some do and others? they just do what you innocently said: they leave. sorry friend fer using you but i thought that you would understand. if i used some1 else, i would probably start another flame war like when i asked a question.

I get my share of PMs from newbies too Astra. ;)

If the newbies are afraid to post then it's their own issue, not mine. I am very welcoming to anyone, new or not. Well, unless they are just here to start probs. That's just not needed on any forum. I am glad that the mods are looking out for my safety here.

pheeew.... thanks my friend. thought i was going to get killed by ya. luv ya fer understanding. oh, oh now the mr. - will be gunnin fer me. somehow i just attrack trouble. we think alike alot and thanks fer helpin the newbies........... i've sent some yerway hehehe

I'll answer a few of the questions.

First, let me say that I have a pretty slow fuse for getting angry. The childish baloney I've seen in the last few days has made me angry. I simply will not put up with it any more. I'll warn the trouble makers, and yes, you know exactly who you are, if you test me, you'll not pass the test. I'm tired of just a few idiots ruining the fun of a very large group of people. It is not going to happen any more. If you post something that is not acceptable, I'll delete your post. I may or may not PM you about it. I will put a brief explanation on each instance of it. If I have to continuously delete your posts, I'll suggest to the other Mods and to MarP that you be banned permanently.

I've already said that if you want to say anything that isn't "G" rated or to put it another way, totally free of sexual innuendo and cussing, then you have to be in either a private chat with someone or in a Private Message with someone. If you can't speak without cussing in public areas, then I don't think you're smart enough to be in a group that is shared with 3000 other people who you don't know and may not want to hear your cussing.

KEEP IT PRIVATE. IS THAT CLEAR?

No, there are no exceptions. Obviously there are people who don't understand the word no. I've warned you. That's it.

If someone is drunk or high and is still able to type, but can't control their language, then yes, they may be banned for breaking the rules of the site. Immaturity isn't an excuse to be rude or crude.

I'm telling everyone very clearly, NO MORE CUSSING AND SEXUAL INDUENDO IN THE PUBLIC AREAS.

There's nothing about this statement that leaves any doubt.

As for the statement that people may go somewhere else because they can't cuss and raise hell here, then I say, GOODBYE, don't let the door hit you in the rear on your way to a group where that kind of baloney is ok.

If you can't watch your mouth in public, then you don't need to be here. Go somewhere else.

IS THAT UNCLEAR TO ANYONE?

Man, I hope not, because it will be enforced.

Astra, if new members are looking to you for advice, then you may want to advise them not to test these rules.

Now, for the silly question about other people from other countries that may not know what words are cuss words. Give me a break.

If you aren't smart enough to figure that out, then frankly, you shouldn't be allowed on a PC. If you want to test the rules, you'll get exactly what I've promised. NO EXCEPTIONS.

I've tried to be low key with this stuff but you guys seem to think I'm stupid or something. I'm not.

For all the people who enjoy this site and have no problems with these restrictions, good luck to you and enjoy the forum. We love you here and hope you love us back.

NO sir, I agree. I may slip up...but I will try.
I agree the flaming, trolling, inciting, bad-mouthing,and all that got too much.
AGREED!. I will behave because this is my pot-head home.

It's my home too Mutt. :) Will you be my MP roommate? Just a warning...I snore!

Hehe.

I agree as well.

That is why I am having my account deleted.

Nice to meet you all.

Happy Trails to you!

Well, I hate to see you go ogof. I'm sorry you feel like you have to because of the recent events.

Perhaps you'll join us again after awhile when some weeding has been done and the place is back to the way we all love it.

Take care of yourself man.

Stoney.

I am a newbie here. I can live with those rules.
Maybe it should be in a sticky. It is not exactly what I thought would be at the
bottom of this thread.

Latest posts

Back