Well, here is my new DIY grow room.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

runyoned18

Weedwhacker421
Reaction score
I am actually thinking about mounting wheels on it so I can push it outside into the sun if I want to go that route. It will at least give me a choice to grow inside and outside to save on electric bill. Or try growing outside during vegetable stage and then be able to switch them to flower when I choose (just a thought). It does give me some options either way. The way My garage is set up with high doors and concrete driveway would make it very easy since I just used Velcro on the top so I can roll it down to expose them to the sunlight. The last picture is of a previous grow.

Attachments

• DSCN0991.JPG
    DSCN0991.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCN0996.JPG
    DSCN0996.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCN0992.JPG
    DSCN0992.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCN0924.JPG
    DSCN0924.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 15
I am actually thinking about mounting wheels on it so I can push it outside into the sun if I want to go that route. It will at least give me a choice to grow inside and outside to save on electric bill. Or try growing outside during vegetable stage and then be able to switch them to flower when I choose (just a thought). It does give me some options either way. The way My garage is set up with high doors and concrete driveway would make it very easy since I just used Velcro on the top so I can roll it down to expose them to the sunlight. The last picture is of a previous grow.
Do you have a cover for your beautiful new tent for flower time? I love the wheels idea to pull it in and out.

Is your garage Light proof for the times your plants have lights off? It's important.
What is neat about this is my garage has a separate room in it with shelves that I keep all my hunting gear. It has no windows does not have a door on it but really all I need to do is tarp it off and it is dark. But it will be somewhat tight for room. But hey it will only be in there for flowering time. Alot of people won't have that option so maybe they could use a tarp or something that the light cannot penetrate to cover. I went with the clear plastic because I can use this side room. That is something people will have to take into regards if they want to try this. I am sure someone can come up with something better for what will work for them. Thank you for your reply it is something people will have to think about when making one.

Do you have a cover for your beautiful new tent for flower time? I love the wheels idea to pull it in and out.
BlackHydra asked the same question, and I gave him the reply. Thankyou though for replying and any new ideas would be great to hear. This was just something I wanted to try with the wheels that will work for me and what I have, but I know there are people out there that could really make it work. This works for me. Thank you.

BlackHydra asked the same question, and I gave him the reply. Thankyou though for replying and any new ideas would be great to hear. This was just something I wanted to try with the wheels that will work for me and what I have, but I know there are people out there that could really make it work. This works for me. Thank you.
The wheeler would make it great to pull it out giving the plants some real live sunshine

You could put the grow cart inside the dark hunting room area close the doors and then get a roll of black plastic film that will cover the door and all light cracks , this way you roll it up and down after hanging it over the door area.

I like the idea. I wonder if the light spectrum changes and intensity will affect plant growth.

I’ve always wanted to build a retractable roof on a shed using a garage door.

I like the idea. I wonder if the light spectrum changes and intensity will affect plant growth.

I’ve always wanted to build a retractable roof on a shed using a garage door.
truthfully with that thought in mind I can hang my extra lights in my hunting room since the floor is clean concrete and just block out the door and just use it as a flower room without even having to wheel the green house in it. Wow did I ever over think that one lol. That would give me a greenhouse that I can use inside or out and a separate flowering area that would have more room in it without the greenhouse in it. Thanks. This is the purple haze I put in it.

Attachments

• DSCN0998.JPG
    DSCN0998.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCN0999.JPG
    DSCN0999.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCN1000.JPG
    DSCN1000.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 3
@runyoned18 are those 1000 watt HPS? do you have a light meter? I want to know how many lumens at 1 meter in your reflective grow space after it’s fully warmed up using the vertical bulb and those round hoods. Thank you. Looking good.

@runyoned18 are those 1000 watt HPS? do you have a light meter? I want to know how many lumens at 1 meter in your reflective grow space after it’s fully warmed up using the vertical bulb and those round hoods. Thank you. Looking good.
They are 1000 watts HPS. And I don't have a watt meter sorry.

Well here are my girls after being in the green house for about two weeks. I just switched them to flower a few days ago. the three plants that are still in my closet are one purple haze that I am going to keep in veg for clones and two California dream that will be switched into a bigger pot.

Attachments

• DSCN1003.JPG
    DSCN1003.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCN1005.JPG
    DSCN1005.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 7

Latest posts

Back