Were was you this Day ..9/11

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4u2sm0ke

Reaction score
I was on my way to work and watched it All on the clients Tele...Is a Day Ill Remember forever...

My best girl friend, now passed away, was recovering from surgery. I was staying at her house for a couple of days and we were watching Charmed when the news broke in.

I was smoking a bowl and watching CNN.............just like now.

It was so surreal. I had two very young kids I was helping get ready for preschool, cartoons on the TV. We drive to school with their kids songs playing on the radio. I take them to their class and their teacher greets me, with tears running down her cheeks. I asked her what was wrong and she told me that a plane hit the World Trade Center. I get in my car with the radio turned on and drive to my MOPS group. Everyone was very upset, shocked and we spent 3 hrs watching it unfold on TV. Many were praying, hugging, crying. It was so surreal.

I live 30 mins from the international airport and during the days when it was shut down, it was eerie not hearing or seeing those jets.

Damn, I really remember it and it will always stick with me. Doesn't seem like it was that long ago.

Then and Now.

hxxp://news.yahoo.com/photos/9-11-then-and-now-slideshow/

Yeah I was headed to work listening to Howard Stern in traffic when he came on and reported the terrorist attack. At first I thought it was a sick joke by Stern till I got to work and heard...

Horrible...

I was at work when my stockhandler came over to my table and told me.

Tuned the radio on to the news. Was the quietest day at work. Over 700 people had their ear glued to their radios. Not much production got done that day.

Mr rb was home recovering from surgery so we watched together stunned.
Then at work, my boss was in canada and couldn't get home, for days... The whole world was in shock.

I was right across the river in NJ. Will never forget looking out across the water and seeing the towers burn. I had to continue to work and got updates from teary eyed customers. Growing up in Jersey City I can't tell you how many times I cut school and spent the day at those towers. Was on the observation deck at least two dozen times in my life. It seemed like that day went on forever till I eventually made it home.

I was running a excavator final grading the yard where we had just set a fully furnished trailer. The owner of it comes running across the yard from his old house carrying a old rabbit ear TV hollering "come look at this'. Just as we got the picture able to view the second plane hit. I still get cold chills running down my back remembering that day. The surreal reminder during the day following was just looking up and no plane vapor trails in the sky.

Watching it happen.

the people jumping out of the buildings was the worst part for me. I didnt even want to post on this thread.

Lotsa undercurrent.

Was it really a terrorist attack? and was the Pentagon one too? If so where was the wreakage from the aircraft especially @ the Pentagon.!!! and moreso any video footage of the aircraft hitting the Pentagon.
A really sad day whoever did it.
Fridge

Let's not turn this thread in that direction... especially today. I have been delivering to real people who lost real loved ones 12 years ago. Quite a few peeps who worked in those towers lived where I deliver. There pain is quite real, even after all these years. Believe what you want but a little respect would be nice.

Hamster Lewis said:
Let's not turn this thread in that direction... especially today. I have been delivering to real people who lost real loved ones 12 years ago. Quite a few peeps who worked in those towers lived where I deliver. There pain is quite real, even after all these years. Believe what you want but a little respect would be nice.

Yes it still burns....I lost a cousin in the West Tower....Grandma still has the recorded message She left on the answering machine...

:48:

I suppose that comment was aimed at me hammy i do have the utmost sadness for the people who lost their lives and the loved ones they left behind i do not however have the same respect for the cover up story by your US government
Fridge

A Canadian perspective if you will, I live in Toronto but had flown to Montreal a few days before to install some equipment with another guy I work with, We had it all done and were giving 24hr run support so i had worked all night and was having trouble sleeping so i woke up and turned the tv on about 5 min after reports of the first plane hitting, i spent the next 3 hours sitting on my pillow in complete shock over what i was witnessing on tv, second plane, pentagon, pennsylvania. Its one of those things where you always remember where you were at that exact moment. my hotel was very close to Montreals main airport and i remember later that day how weird the sky looked, not a plane in sight anywhere. air space was shutdown so long i had to take the train home instead of flying, it really affected me being away from hm and loved ones at such a horrible time, it was a sad event that will stick with me the rest of my life, I hope all Americans know how much it affected our (Canadians) lives seeing our neighbors facing the first terrorist attack on home (NA) soil I can tell you first hand speaking for Canadians in Ontario atleast that we all stood as one that day. just my version.

fridge said:
I suppose that comment was aimed at me hammy i do have the utmost sadness for the people who lost their lives and the loved ones they left behind i do not however have the same respect for the cover up story by your US government
Fridge

No, that comment was aimed at the whole idea of going down that road on today of all days. That's all. Not aimed at you or anyone else. I just think there are 364 other days in this year to discuss conspiracy theories on the 9-11 attacks. The thread title is not "do you believe in a 9-11 conspiracy? " I just don't think this thread, on this day is the place for that. Call me touchy but then again I didn't watch the days events on TV till after I watched them first hand. It was unsettling to say the least.

If there really is a need to discuss the theories that are out there then maybe another thread would be the way to go. jmo

Latest posts

Back